Accountant Advanced - Fixed Assets ***REPOST***
|Department||MSDE - Organizational Effectiveness|
|Date Opened||11/28/2023 12:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||12/12/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$60,801.00 - $97,940.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Nimmi Subhash|
**PREVIOUS APPLICANTS NEED NOT REAPPLY**
The Maryland State Department of Education is dedicated to supporting a world-class educational system that prepares all students for college and career success in the 21st century. With excellent stewardship from our divisions, we oversee State and federal programs that support the needs of a diverse population – students, teachers, principals, and other educators throughout Maryland.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Performs Fixed Assets recording, monitoring and reporting. Uses FMIS and WASP for Fixed Assets. Validates Fixed Assets balances, assists in coordinating and recording purchases, movements and disposal of fixed assets; regular inventory count and prepares Annual Report of Fixed Assets.
- Performs FMIS updates on Program Cost Accounts (PCA), Grant Control Profiles and Grant Number Profile and submissions as necessary and related updates in FMIS as needed.
- Draw federal funds and ensure that the cash received from the draws are correct and are properly allocated to the general ledger accounts, grant and PCA. Provide information to management to complete State and Federal reporting requirements. Ensure that draws are completed in a timely manner and in accordance with governing agreements.
- Provide timely reconciliations of general ledger accounts using advanced accounting knowledge and propose adjusting entries to correct errors. Coordinate with relevant teams to recommend corrective actions for entries affecting grants. Perform indirect cost reconciliation and reporting. Responds to audit inquiries and requests for journal entry back-ups in line with audit requirements.
- Assist in the preparation of year-end close reporting and schedules including the Cash Management Information Act (CMIA) report. Compile information for audit requests and draft responses to audit questions for review by Management.
- Complete administrative requirements such as performance evaluation, work process documentation and attendance on meetings.
- Draft procedure manual for accounting functions where needed.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Education: A Bachelor's degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university, including or supplemented by three credit hours in auditing.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience with asset management best practices
- FMIS R*stars and ADPICS experience
- Experience reviewing and reconciling revenue and expenditure accounts
For education obtained outside of the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation will be required prior to hire. The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
It is preferred that applicants complete the MD State Government online application for employment -AND- submit their professional resume. The application must clearly demonstrate that the applicant meets the minimum qualifications for the position. If the applicant is unable to apply online, paper applications can be obtained from the link below and mailed to MSDE Office of Human Resources, 200 W. Baltimore Street, Baltimore, MD 21201. If there is a supplemental questionnaire, this must be completed and sent in with your paper application, if you are unable to apply online.
Please do not put "See Resume" in the job duties section of your application; your application will not be considered.
All application materials must be received in our office by the closing date. Postmarks will not be accepted. Applications must be complete to be considered including all related job duties, even if those are also listed on an attached resume. Additional required materials may be uploaded with the online application or mailed to the address listed.
Inquiries can be made to 410-767-0019 TDD 410-333-3045. Appropriate accommodations can be made for individuals with disabilities.
If you have difficulty with your user account or have general questions about this online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850. TTY Users: Call via Maryland Relay.
Proof of eligibility to work is required in compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act. Any misrepresentation of academic or experience requirements for this position may result in non-selection or termination of employment.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.||Apply Online|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|