ACCOUNTANT SUPERVISOR II
General Accounting Manager
|Department||MDE - Operational Services Administration|
|Date Opened||3/14/2023 12:35:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||3/28/2023 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$67,802.00 - $105,072.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Olivia Finley|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Maryland Department of the Environment
Main Purpose of Job
Education: A Bachelor's degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university, including or supplemented by three credit hours in auditing.
Experience: Five years of experience examining, analyzing and interpreting accounting systems, records and reports by applying generally accepted accounting principles to include three years performing advanced duties in the areas of cost accounting, systems accounting, federal fund accounting, or bond and loan accounting.
1. Candidates may substitute a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with thirty credit hours in Accounting and related courses, including or supplemented by three credit hours in auditing, for the required education.
2. Applicants who have met the requirements for admission to the CPA examination prior to July 1, 1974 will be considered to have met the educational requirement referenced above.
3. Possession of a certificate as a Certified Public Accountant or Master's degree in accounting from an accredited college or university may be substituted for one year of the required general accounting experience.
4. Applicants may substitute one year of professional auditing experience for one year of the required general experience.
5. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in the Accounting Officer classification or Financial Management specialty codes in the Accounting field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Supervisory experience;
- Experience using FMIS (i.e., RSTARS and ADPICS);
- Experience conducting Employee performance evaluation;
- Experience managing Month-End Closeout;
- Experience overseeing Fiscal Year –End Closeout.
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
STATE OF MARYLAND BENEFITS (Click ctrl+link to view all benefits)
PERSONAL LEAVE - New State employees are awarded six (6) personal leave days annually (prorated based on start date)
ANNUAL LEAVE - ten (10) days of accumulated annual leave per year.
SICK LEAVE – fifteen (15) days of accumulated sick leave per year.
PARENTAL LEAVE – up to sixty (60) days of paid parental leave upon the birth or adoption of a child.
HOLIDAYS – State employees also celebrate at least twelve (12) holidays per year.