CHILD SUPPORT SPECIALIST SUPERVISOR
|Department||Department of Human Services|
|Date Opened||1/12/2023 1:50:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||12/6/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$60,924.00/year with potential growth up to $85,951.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Scott Waddel|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
A Child Support Specialist Supervisor is the supervisory level of child support work. Employees in this classification supervise Child Support Specialists who investigate and analyze child support cases and initiate appropriate actions to establish, maintain or enforce support payments for dependent children in accordance with applicable federal and State laws, rules and regulations. Employees in this classification supervise lower-level Child Support Specialists and assigned support staff and receive general supervision from a higher-level administrator.
- Plans, coordinates, supervises and evaluates the work of lower-level Child Support Specialists and assigned support staff;
- Trains lower-level Child Support Specialists in investigating and analyzing child support cases and in initiating appropriate actions to establish, maintain and enforce support payments to dependent children;
- Monitors staff activity and prioritizes workload to assure that all case actions are completed in a timely manner and according to regulations, laws, policies and procedures;
- Develops and implements procedures to effectively and efficiently meet the goals of the Child Support program;
- Establishes corrective action plans where indicated and monitors for improvement;
- Provides leadership to staff in incorporating strategic planning and quality management in program activities;
- Serves as liaison between the Child Support Enforcement Administration and other State agencies, the State’s Attorney’s Office and the courts.
Applicants must meet all minimum (and selective) qualifications to be considered, and to appear on the list of people eligible for hire. Please read all requirements before applying.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
The examination will consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience as presented on your application and as they relate to the requirements of the position.
It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service is required prior to hire.
As an employee of the State of Maryland, you will have access to outstanding benefits, including: health insurance, dental, and vision plans offered at a low cost. CLICK ON THIS LINK FOR MORE DETAILS: STATE OF MARYLAND BENEFITS
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may mail a paper application and supplemental questionnaire to, Department of Human Services, Examination Services Unit, 311 W. Saratoga Street, Room 135, Baltimore, Maryland 21201.
All mailed documents must include the applicant's name and the job number and must be received by 5 P.M. on the closing date. All mailed documents must include the applicant's name and the job number and must be received by 5 P.M. on the closing date. Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the application.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If unable to upload, please email requested information only to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
If you have any questions concerning the recruitment process for this position, please email Scott Waddel at email@example.com.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division, at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay