*REPOST* Previous applicants do not need to reapply
3 Vacancies working out of Annapolis, MD for the Electronic Management Program.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Tawes State Office Building, Annapolis, Anne Arundel
Main Purpose of Job
This position is full performance level of maintenance engineering and construction work,
providing the technical assistance, inspection of systems and utilities related to the
maintenance for State building and grounds owned by the Department of Natural Resources.
The position relates directly to the mission of the agency by providing facilities by which the
public can “enjoy our treasured Chesapeake Bay, our diverse landscapes, and our living and
The Department of Natural Resources, Engineering and Construction, is
currently accepting applications for three(3) Agency Project Engineer/Architect III positions for the
newly created Electronic Management Program. There will be one position in each of the three regions
in Central, Southern and Eastern.
These positions will be under the direction of the Electronic Management Program Supervisor and will
be conducting onsite inspections of DNR-owned facilities, survey facilities and coordinate facility
maps with E&C Survey Division, perform assessment of facility needs, prioritize identified work, and
record data in designated electronic management system computer database. Provide
recommendations, guidance, and support to facility personal as needed.
Coordinate and attend all meetings as necessary with facility staff to conduct a proper inventory of all
facilities and discuss known issues that need to be resolved. This will include but not limited to meeting
with staff to research existing documents, discuss current and ongoing issues with the facility, create
Project Justification Reports for all proposed work, physical survey of all facilities, coordinate with DNR
Critical Maintenance Engineering staff to create cost estimates, and submit projects in their assigned
region to be added to the Critical Maintenance backlog.
Manage the existing and future Critical Maintenance Project Justification requests for each facility in
their region. This will involve personally meeting and discussing all concerns raised by facility staff.
Creating PJs for each facility that will resolve all concerns with the facility, and anything missed by
facility staff. This shall be an all-inclusive list that will address all aspects of the project and any other
work required due to the impact of this project. The inspector must understand that there are DNR staff
reporting these issues that are not trained in maintenance and construction so it is up to the SFA team
member to determine the nature of the problem and with an adequate PJ that will completely cover all
items necessary to fix the described problem.
Experience: Six years of experience, two years of experience as a design and project manager Engineer or Architect for agency capital and operating construction, maintenance and system services projects and an additional four years of experience as an Engineer or Architect in the building construction field involving the design, construction or repair of building structures or system services.
1. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor's degree in engineering or architecture and two years of experience as a design and project manager Engineer or Architect for agency capital and operating construction, maintenance and system services projects for the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Professional Engineer or Professional Architect registration in the State of Maryland or in a state with comparable requirements for the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Engineering and Architecture classifications or Engineering and Architecture specialty codes in the Architecture field of work on a year-for- year basis for the required education.
- 1 year of Autocad experience in civil or architectural drawings.
- 1 year of experience in using eMaint software of other electronic maintenance monitoring computer program.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Candidate should have a broad knowledge of all types of construction. This knowledge should include, but not limited to building and facility maintenance, construction, code compliance, building and site inspections, cost estimating, utility inspections, and creating scope of works for projects.
- Candidate should have good organizational skills to prioritize multiple projects, organize multiple tasks and maintain multiple project files.
- Candidate should have good communication skills to convey written and verbal direction and communication to contractor, inspectors, facility managers and other interested individuals.
- Candidate must be able to develop and prepare written specifications that are clear and concise for others to follow.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
Employees may be required to carry an electronic paging device or provide the employing agency with a telephone number where the employee can be reached.
Please make sure you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your minimum qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates may be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must be provided prior to hire.
Your application is part of the examination process. The examination will consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of this position. The rating will be based on the information provided on your application. Therefore, it is important you provide all the experience and education related to this position completely and accurately.
The online application is strongly preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may submit a paper application and supplemental questionnaire to: Department of Natural Resources, Human Resources, 580 Taylor Avenue, C-3 Annapolis, MD 21401. The Human Resources unit is not responsible for applications sent to any other address.
Faxed or e-mailed applications will not be accepted. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing the application.
If you are having difficulty with your user account, need to make adjustments to a submitted application or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management at Application.Help@maryland.gov ; ATTN: Recruitment and Examination Division
Inquiries regarding this recruitment can be directed to Courtney Blackistone at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
Candidates with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply. As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.