REGULATORY AND COMPLIANCE ENGINEER/ARCHITECT I
|Department||MDE - Land and Materials Administration (LMA)|
|Date Opened||1/10/2023 4:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||2/7/2023 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$52,575.00 - $80,992.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Shantasia Baker|
The Maryland Department of the Environment is charged with protecting and preserving the State's air, water and land resources and safeguarding the environmental health of all Maryland’s citizens. The Agency’s mission is to protect and restore the environment for the health and well-being of all Marylanders with a vision of healthy, vibrant, and sustainable communities and ecosystems in Maryland.
This is a position specific recruitment limited to candidates willing to work in the Mining Program, Abandoned Mine Lands Division in Frostburg, MD. This recruitment will be used to fill current and future vacancies for this position/function only. The resulting certified eligible list will be maintained for one year. Persons interested in future vacancies within this classification must re-apply.
LOCATION OF POSITION
- Work requires inspection at construction project sites during inclement weather. During site inspections the surroundings may be unpleasant and can be noisy due to heavy construction.
- Work involves exposure to work areas using heavy equipment and exposure to abandoned mining hazards including dangerous highwalls (cliffs), unstable and steep spoil and coal refuse piles, dangerous water impoundments and abandoned buildings. Field studies often encounter wildlife including snakes, bears, and ticks.
- Work requires special physical demands such as lifting and carrying survey equipment and supplies weighing 50 or more over steep and rocky terrain. The incumbent in this position is required to use protective equipment such as gloves, hard hats and steel toe boots to meet OSHA & MSHA construction site regulations.
The incumbent in this position will be required to drive a State vehicle. If you maintain an out-of-state driving license, you must provide a certified copy of your driving record from the appropriate Motor Vehicle Administration at the time of appointment. Individuals must maintain a driver's license with no more than 5 points on their driving record in order to drive a State vehicle.
Education: A Bachelor's degree in engineering or architecture from an accredited college or university.
1. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with at least 20 credit hours in engineering and two years performing engineering or architectural work in pollution control, waste remediation, resource conservation, environmental protection, public health and safety, or related areas may be substituted for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute the possession of a current Professional Engineer or Professional Architect registration in the State of Maryland or in a state with comparable requirements for the required education.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Engineering and Architecture classifications or Engineering and Architecture specialty codes in the Environmental field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Applicants who meet the minimum (and selective) qualifications will be included in further evaluation. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of this position. Applicants meeting the minimum qualifications will be placed on the Eligible List categorized as BEST QUALIFIED. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. Clearly indicate your college degree and major on your application, if applicable. Please note that you will be required by the appointing agency to provide proof upon hire of all certifications, licenses, educational and work experiences.
For education obtained outside the U.S., any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing an evaluation for equivalency by a foreign credential evaluation service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview).
Complete applications must be submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be added. Incorrect application forms will not be accepted. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
Candidates may remain on the certified eligible list for a period of at least one year. The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
All Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States under the immigration and Reform Control Act. You must be legally authorized and possess any necessary documents under this Act in order to be hired in the position for which you applied.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application (and supplemental questionnaire) may be submitted to MDE, Recruitment and Selection Division, 1800 Washington Blvd., Baltimore MD 21230. Paper application materials must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If you are unable to upload, please email the requested information to Shantasia Baker at Shantasia.Baker1@maryland.gov . Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time. Please reference #23-004590-0001.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact Shantasia Baker/MDE Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-537- 3808.If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-537-3130 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.