REGULATORY AND COMPLIANCE ENGINEER/ARCHITECT II
|Department||MDE - Water and Science Administration (WSA)|
|Date Opened||11/16/2023 11:35:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||12/14/2023 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$60,801.00 - $97,940.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Peggie Jefferson|
The Maryland Department of the Environment is charged with protecting and preserving the State's air, water, and land resources and safeguarding the environmental health of all Maryland’s citizens. The Agency’s mission is to protect and restore the environment for the health and well-being of all Marylanders with a vision of healthy, vibrant, and sustainable communities and ecosystems in Maryland.
If you are looking for an exciting career committed to helping the environment for all Marylanders, please apply to become part of MDE’s workforce. MDE offers competitive pay, great benefits, opportunities to telework, as well as opportunities for advancement and professional growth – MDE offers you a wide range of benefits such as medical and dental coverage, paid time off (i.e., vacation, sick leave), state pension, and supplemental retirement options (i.e., 401k, 457b etc.). MDE headquarters facility offers free parking, a food court, and a gym.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Maryland Department of the Environment
Water and Science Administration
Dam Safety Inspections and Compliance Division
1800 Washington Blvd.
Baltimore, MD 21230
Main Purpose of Job
Education: A Bachelor's degree in engineering or architecture from an accredited college or university.
Experience: One year of engineering or architectural experience in pollution control, waste remediation, resource conservation, environmental protection, or public health and safety to ensure regulatory compliance with engineering or architectural standards, practices, principles and methods.
1. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with at least 20 credit hours in engineering and two years performing engineering or architectural work in pollution control, waste, resource conservation, environmental protection, public health and safety, or related areas for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Master’s degree in engineering or architecture from an accredited college or university for the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute the possession of a current Professional Engineer or Professional Architect registration in the State of Maryland or in a state with comparable requirements for the required education and experience.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military Service experience as a commissioned officer in Engineering and Architecture classifications or Engineering and Architecture specialty codes in the Environmental field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- One year of experience inspecting existing dams, ponds, levees, and similar structures.
- One year of experience inspecting the construction of dams, ponds, and levees.
- One year of experience designing or reviewing earthen dams for water supply, flood control, stormwater management, and tailings retention.
- Knowledge of dam construction standards such as ASTM, AASHTO, ACI, NRCS, USACE.
- Technical writing skills when preparing inspection reports.
- Knowledge of Maryland’s laws and regulations regarding dam design and construction.
- A bachelor’s degree in civil, geotechnical, or environmental engineering.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
STATE OF MARYLAND BENEFITS (Click ctrl+link to view all benefits)
PERSONAL LEAVE - New State employees are awarded six (6) personal leave days annually (prorated based on start date)
ANNUAL LEAVE - ten (10) days of accumulated annual leave per year.
SICK LEAVE – fifteen (15) days of accumulated sick leave per year.
PARENTAL LEAVE – up to sixty (60) days of paid parental leave upon the birth or adoption of a child.
HOLIDAYS – State employees also celebrate at least twelve (12) holidays per year.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.||Apply Online|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|