*REPOST* REGULATORY AND COMPLIANCE ENGINEER/ARCHITECT SENIOR
Regulatory and Compliance Engineer Senior
|Department||MDE - Water and Science Administration (WSA)|
|Date Opened||10/5/2023 1:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||11/2/2023 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$72,340.00 - $112,091.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Olivia Finley|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Education: A Bachelor's degree in engineering or architecture from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Three yeears of engineering or architectural experience in pollution control, waste remediation, resource conservation, environmental protection, or public health and safety to ensure regulatory or quality compliance with engineering/architectural standards, practices, principles and methods.
1. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with at least 20 credit hours in engineering and two years performing engineering architectural work in pollution control, waste remediation, resource conservation, environmental protection, public health and safety or related areas for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Master’s degree in engineering or architecture from an accredited college or university for up to one year of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute the possession of a current Professional Engineer or Professional Architect registration in the State of Maryland or in a state with comparable requirements for the required education and one year of the required experience.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Engineering and Architecture classifications or Engineering and Architecture specialty codes in the Environmental field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Three years of experience inspecting existing dams, ponds, levees, and similar structures.
- Three years of experience inspecting the construction of dams, ponds, and levees.
- Three years of experience designing or reviewing earthen dams for water supply, flood control, stormwater management, and tailings retention.
- Knowledge of dam construction standards such as ASTM, AASHTO, ACI, NRCS, USACE.
- Technical writing skills when preparing inspection reports.
- Knowledge of Maryland’s laws and regulations regarding dam design and construction.
- A bachelor’s degree in civil, geotechnical, or environmental engineering.
- Be a licensed professional engineer in the State of Maryland.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
STATE OF MARYLAND BENEFITS Click ctrl+link to view all benefits)
PERSONAL LEAVE - New State employees are awarded six (6) personal leave days annually (prorated based on start date)
ANNUAL LEAVE - ten (10) days of accumulated annual leave per year.
SICK LEAVE – fifteen (15) days of accumulated sick leave per year.
PARENTAL LEAVE – up to sixty (60) days of paid parental leave upon the birth or adoption of a child.
HOLIDAYS – State employees also celebrate at least twelve (12) holidays per year.