Employee Benefits Specialist III
|DBM OPSB Division of Employee Benefits
|11/21/2023 1:20:00 PM
|3/15/2024 11:59:00 PM
|$53,627.00 - $85,951.00/year
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
An Employee Benefits Specialist III is the intermediate level of
professional HR work in the Employee Benefits Division. This position resides
within the Participant Services Unit. The incumbent will perform specialized
enrollment work and handle claims issue resolution, as well as counsel
participants in the State’s Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits
Program (the Program) on health benefits-related matters. Employees in this
classification are proficient in the handling of enrollment-related matters and
customer service inquiries. Duties will be tailored specifically towards a
customer services role for helping participants within the Program.
Experience: Three years of experience responding to inquiries, calculating program eligibility, counseling, and advising persons concerning health benefits.
1. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college and university and two years of experiences responding to inquiries, calculating program eligibility, counseling and advising persons concerning health benefits for the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in Business Management, Business Administration, Human Resources or Public Administration for the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Human Resources classifications or Human Resources specialty codes if the work includes benefits-related experience on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification are required to obtain certification in State Personnel Management System policies and procedures and in the functionality of the Statewide Personnel System from the Office of Personnel Services and Benefits, DBM within six months from the time of the appointment to the position. Employees also are required to obtain recertification every six months thereafter.
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties may be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider any information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient
information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for
this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be
submitted by the closing date. We will not consider any information
submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best
Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible
(employment) list for at least one year.
Online applications are highly recommended.
However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application and
supplemental questionnaire may be submitted to: Department of Budget and
Management, Recruitment and Examination Division, 301 W. Preston St., Room
608, Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received in
our office by the closing date for the recruitment. No postmarks will
We thank our Veterans for their service to our
People with disabilities and bilingual
candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is
committed to recruitment, retaining, and promoting employees who are reflective
of the State's diversity.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.
|This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.
|Apply via Paper Application.
|You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.