Recruitment, Exams, and Promotions Deputy Director
HR ADMINISTRATOR III
|Department||DPSCS OSEC Administrative Services|
|Date Opened||11/14/2023 07:10:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||11/28/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$73,787.00 - $118,953.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Ashley Lohr|
LOCATION OF POSITION
6776 Reisterstown Road
Baltimore, MD 21215
As the Deputy Director of Recruitment, Exams, and Promotions, the incumbent will ensure that all members of the DPSCS Recruitment Unit are adhering to COMAR, MD State Personnel and Pension Articles, and the Agency hiring standards as they relate to recruitment, examination and retention efforts performed for all positions within the DPSCS. This position will oversee recruitment efforts to fill vacant positions, coordinate promotional opportunities, test development and validation, and the implementation of retention strategies. In conjunction with the Director, the incumbent will also lead several administrative functions including:
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience with State Service HR and recruitment
- Experience with providing guidance to management and employees regarding state employment, compensation, classification and other aspects of Human Resources
- Experience with processing and/or approving HR transactions in Workday
- Experience with recruitment tasks in JobAps
- Two or more years of supervisory experience
- Experience with large volume of recruitments
1. Specific educational and experience requirements are set by the agency based on the essential job functions assigned to the position.
2. Employees in this classification are required to obtain certification in State Personnel Management System policies and procedures and in the functionality of the Statewide Personnel System from the Office of Personnel Services and Benefits, Maryland Department of Budget and Management within six months from the time of appointment to the position. Employees are also required to obtain recertification every six months thereafter.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application and supplemental questionnaire may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Paper application materials must be received in our office by the closing date for the recruitment.
If you are submitting additional information, the preferred method is to upload it with your application. All uploaded additional information must be received by the closing date and time. If you are unable to upload, please email the requested information to email@example.com referencing the recruitment number in the subject line. Only additional materials that are requested will be accepted for this recruitment.
For other HR related questions, please contact the Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services, HRSD-Recruitment Division at 410-585-3999.
If you are having difficulties with submitting your online application, please contact the DBM Recruitment and Examination Division at Application.Help@maryland.gov <Application.Help@maryland.gov> or 410-767-4850.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining, and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay