EXECUTIVE ASSOCIATE II
Department of Human Services- Office of the Secretary
|Department||DHS - Office of the Secretary|
|Date Opened||3/10/2023 5:22:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||3/24/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$52,575.00 - $73,532.00/year with potential growth to $80,992.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Deenna Greene|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Department of Human Services
Office of the Secretary- Executive Office
311 W. Saratoga Street
Baltimore MD 21201
Main Purpose of Job
- Responsibilities include supporting the daily operations of the Office of the Secretary.
- Consulting with DHS Senior Leadership to appropriately identify and assign issues to administration.
- Act as an intermediary for the Office of Secretary with Executive Staff, general public, private sector, and public officials in the exchange of Departmental information.
- Draft, prepare, review, and edit for accuracy and appropriateness all correspondence for the signature. Ensures that documents that require signature of DHS Senior Leadership are processed timely.
- Track all incoming and outgoing assignments in the office.
- Plan, coordinate and schedule meetings and alert the Office of the Secretary staff of priorities and issues that need immediate attention.
- Coordinates travel arrangements.
- Assists with prepping materials for meetings, both in person and virtual.
- Works along side the Senior Executive Associate.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Five years of experience performing administrative or secretarial duties.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience with the organization of a supervisor, manager, or director's schedule/calendar.
- Experience with administrative office operations (Printing, office supplies, back office logistics).
- Excellent organizational, writing and editing skills and the ability to interact with senior DHS leadership staff.
- Proficient in Microsoft office suite of applications, particularly Excel and Word.
- Experience using Google Suite applications: Google Meetings, Calendars, Email, Drive, Sheets, Docs, Slides and Forms.
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
As an employee of the State of Maryland, you will have access to outstanding benefits, including: health insurance, dental, and vision plans offered at a low cost. CLICK ON THIS LINK FOR MORE DETAILS: STATE OF MARYLAND BENEFITS
· Personal Leave - new State employees are awarded six (6) personnel days annually (prorated based on start date).
· Annual Leave - ten (10) days of accumulated annual leave per year.
· Sick Leave - fifteen (15) days of accumulated sick leave per year.
· Parental Leave - up to sixty (60) days of paid parental leave upon the birth or adoption of a child.
· Holidays - State employees also celebrate at least twelve (12) holidays per year.
· Pension - State employees earn credit towards a retirement pension.
Online applications are STRONGLY preferred. If the online application process is not available, please send your paper application and resume to: Department of Human Services, Office of Human Resource Development and Training, Attention: Deenna Greene, 311 West Saratoga Street, First Floor, Baltimore, Maryland 21201.