EXECUTIVE ASSOCIATE II *REPOST*
EXECUTIVE ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Office Manager)
|Department||West North Avenue Development Authority|
|Date Opened||5/18/2023 5:17:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||7/3/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$52,575.00 - $80,992.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Bianca Forte|
The West North Avenue Development Authority for Baltimore City is the economic development agency for the State of Maryland to benefit the neighborhoods of West Baltimore. The Authority initiates and funds comprehensive housing, economic, transportation, and neighborhood development by providing capital grants and low-interest loans to real estate developers, IT, light- manufacturing, and product production business start-ups, and commercial retail entrepreneurs participating in the revitalization of West Baltimore through acquisition, development, and repurposing of vacant, blighted, and abandon residential and commercial properties for economic development.
- Create a forum for residents to come together on one comprehensive economic, housing, transportation, and neighborhood revitalization plan for West North Avenue.
- Serve as a clearinghouse and resource center for promoting coordination and communication on development opportunities for West North Avenue.
- Ensure State and City funds are spent effectively and efficiently for development, and that development is happening in the appropriate way for West North Avenue.
- Provide advisory services to State, City and Non-government agencies on planning and development for West North Avenue.
- “Initiate” and “Fund” real estate and infrastructure development projects for West North Avenue.
LOCATION OF POSITION
2500 West North Avenue
The Executive Administrative Assistant will support the West North Avenue Development Authority’s Executive Director, Staff and Membership with general administrative, operational, and fiscal clerical duties that support the agency.
- Provide comprehensive administrative support to the Executive Director and other senior staff that ensures outstanding communication and responsiveness to elected officials, community leaders, and the public.
- Provide calendar management; prioritize inquiries and requests, troubleshoot conflicts with little guidance, make judgments and recommendations to ensure smooth day-to-day office management engagements for staff.
- Support and manage a high-volume of administrative requests to meet the objectives of the Executive Director and senior staff with minimal supervision.
- Be very detailed producing quality administrative work with minimal review, mistakes, and corrections.
- Manage all scheduling and travel logistics for the Executive Director and senior staff.
- Serve as a liaison for the Board of Directors to the Executive Director.
- Maintain quality filing and communications systems including contact management, document management, and archiving.
- Prepare electronic packets and agenda for board meetings.
- Attend board minutes, record and draft minutes, and provide assistance with action items and deliverables associated with board meetings.
- Work closely with other executive assistants and schedulers at State and City agencies.
- Ensure office administrative operations are efficient and effective.
- Perform other administrative duties as assigned.
Education: A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university.
- Candidates may substitute additional professional experience as defined above on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
- Candidates may substitute additional job-related education at a rate of thirty credit hours for each year of experience for up to two years of the required experience.
- Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in business and industry classification or business and industry specialty codes in the related field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
Please provide sufficient information on your application to document that you meet the minimum qualifications for this recruitment. Unofficial transcripts, certifications or diplomas to document educational or certification qualifications are required. Educational credentials from foreign countries must be evaluated by an approved education review service. This evaluation must be submitted with your application. For further information, you may call International Consultants of Delaware, Inc. (302) 737-8715 or World Education Services Inc. 1-800-932-3897 or (202) 331-2925. Successful candidates will be placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year. Eligible list may be used to fill future vacancies of the same classification. Successful candidates must document eligibility to work in the U.S. upon hire.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application and supplemental questionnaire may be submitted to: Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division, 301 W. Preston St., Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received in our office by the closing date for the recruitment. No postmarks will be accepted.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the DBM Recruitment and Examination Division at Application.Help@maryland.gov or 410-767-4850, MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.