Specialist, School Library Media
Education Program Specialist I
|Department||MD State Department of Education|
|Date Opened||3/23/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||9/29/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$77,204.00 - $119,591.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Christopher King|
The Maryland State Department of Education is dedicated to supporting a world-class educational system that prepares all students for college and career success in the 21st century. With excellent stewardship from our divisions, we oversee State and federal programs that support the needs of a diverse population – students, teachers, principals, and other educators throughout Maryland.
State Salary Grade 21
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Communicates and instructs on the vision, mission, and short-and-long term plans related to scaling high-quality school library media practices in alignment with the Blueprint for Maryland’s Future and MSDE’s multiyear Strategic Plan initiatives.
- Disseminates and publicizes the Maryland School Library Media Learning Standards for students and educators.
- Develops, maintains, and continuously refines MSDE’s school library media resources.
- Provides technical assistance and professional learning to LEAs as they implement school library media programs and initiatives to accelerate student achievement.
- Engages in onsite school visits and meets with LEA staff to in collaborative meetings for communicating and instructing on best practices.
- Identifies, pursues, manages and monitors grant funding opportunities in collaboration with MSDE’s Office of Grants Administration and Compliance.
- Researches and promotes emerging technologies, to improve engagement and student information literacy.
- Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders to integrate supporting Library Media Standards into Maryland College and Career Ready Standards and initiatives related to the integration of accessible media and information resources.
- Designs and provides professional development opportunities related to school library media standards.
- Develops and implements initiatives to demonstrate the connection of school library media programs to student achievement and to ensure the integration of information literacy skills and digital resources into all curricular areas.
- Collect and report timely and accurate data related to School Library Media practices, programs, and initiatives and applies best-in-class practices.
- Conducts research on current and evidence-based schools library media practices designed to accelerate student achievement and applies lessons learned to state programs and initiatives.
- Candidates may substitute a Bachelor's Degree with 6 years of the specified content experience to satisfy the Minimum Qualifications noted above.
- Candidates may substitute the possession of a Doctorate degree from an accredited college or university in a field related to the position option for one year of the required experience.
- The required field of education and experience are unique for each option and are established by MSDE in accordance with Education Article, Section 2-104 of the Annotated Code of Maryland. The specific education and experience qualifications for each position are on record in the Human Resource Management Branch of the Division of Business Services.
- Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Education Program classifications or Education Program specialty codes in the Education field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Knowledge of prekindergarten through 12 School Library Media programs and curriculum.
- Knowledge of national and Maryland School Library Media Standards for Learners, Librarians, and Libraries.
- Knowledge of trends, regulations, and policies affecting School Library media programs and information literacy skills.
- Skill in implementing, monitoring and evaluating, and providing high quality and service-level-based support and technical assistance for library media programs.
- Skill in supporting the integration of school library media programs and initiatives with highly effective teaching and learning practices across core content areas to accelerate student achievement.
- Skill collaborating with diverse communities and organizations for the purpose of implementing programs and strategies.
- Skill in developing and delivering research based and best-in-class professional development programs.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple tasks and time sensitive deadlines.
- Ability to interpret and apply learning standards, policies and regulations.
- Ability to work as a team member and establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.||Apply Online|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|