Coordinator of Multilingual Education
Education Program Specialist II
|Department||MSDE - Deputy for Teaching and Learning|
|Date Opened||11/9/2023 12:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||12/22/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$84,047.00 - $135,450.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Christopher King|
The Maryland State Department of Education is dedicated to supporting a world-class educational system that prepares all students for college and career success in the 21st century. With excellent stewardship from our divisions, we oversee State and federal programs that support the needs of a diverse population – students, teachers, principals, and other educators throughout Maryland.
State Salary Grade 22
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Supports programs, initiatives, and policies that scale asset-based approaches for educating English learners and engaging their families.
- Collaborates with the Supervisor of English Learners and Title III to provide technical assistance and support to local education agencies regarding the requirements of Title III; the assessment of English Learners required by Federal and State laws and regulations; and the development of assessments (formative and summative) to align with curriculum and instruction.
- Provides leadership, guidance, and technical assistance to local education agencies (LEAs) and early childhood education providers regarding the design and development of curriculum, data analysis, and the implementation of instructional programs, including best practices in sheltered instruction across content areas and structured literacy practices to accelerate reading outcomes for multilingual learners.
- Provides content expertise in the development of statewide rubrics for high-quality, content-rich and culturally responsive instructional materials in multilingual education in collaboration with MSDE Curriculum and Instruction staff.
- Collaborates with MSDE Teaching and Learning offices/divisions to align and deploy best in class professional learning and support experiences to LEAs, early childhood education providers, institutions of higher education, community-based organizations, and workgroups to evaluate primary and secondary education programs.
- Facilitates the alignment of instructional frameworks, resources, and practices to meet the needs of English learners from prekindergarten through 12th grade.
- Collaborates with the MSDE Divisions to implement high-quality assessments for English learners, implement training, and provide technical assistance.
- Builds leadership capacity at the state and local levels and presents data to assess program implementation, refinement and benchmark MSDE programs and initiatives against best-in-class national programs.
- Conducts year-round site visits and regularly communicates with LEAs and early childhood education providers to support continuous improvement and learning expectations including opportunities for increased engagement with multilingual families.
Education: A Master’s Degree or the equivalent of 36 credit hours of post-baccalaureate coursework in Education or a related area from an accredited college or university.
- Candidates may substitute a bachelor’s degree with 7 years of the specified content experience to satisfy the minimum qualifications noted above.
- Candidates may substitute the possession of a Doctorate degree from an accredited college or university in a field related to the position option for one year of the required experience.
- The required field of education and experience are unique for each option and are established by MSDE in accordance with Education Article, Section 2-104 of the Annotated Code of Maryland. The specific education and experience qualifications for each position are on record in the Office of Human Resource Management.
- Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Education Program classifications or Education Program specialty codes in the Education field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Knowledge of prekindergarten through 12th grade Multilingual, World Language or Foreign Language Education programs and curriculum.
- Knowledge of standards, trends, regulations, policies, and effective instruction and assessment in Multilingual, World Languages or Foreign Language Education.
- Knowledge of Biliteracy Programs - programs that immerse students in multiple languages for the purposes of addressing Maryland College and Career Readiness Pathway Standards and/or State and national standards, trends, regulations, policies, and issues affecting Multilingual Education.
- Skill leading, implementing, monitoring, and evaluating education programs.
- Skill in providing high-quality and service-level-based support and technical assistance for education programs.
- Skill collaborating with diverse communities and organizations for the purpose of implementing programs and strategies.
- Skill in developing and delivering research-based and best-in-class professional development programs.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Ability to interpret and apply learning standards, policies, and regulations.
- Ability to work as a team member and establish and maintain effective working relationships and communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.||Apply Online|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|