Vocational Rehabilitation Specialist I/II
|MSDE - DORS - Ofc Blind & Vision Svcs
|3/13/2023 07:30:00 AM
|3/27/2023 11:59:00 PM
|VR Specialist I - Level one = $58,187.00 and VR Specialist II - Level two = $60,847.00
The Maryland State Department of Education is dedicated to supporting a world-class educational system that prepares all students for college and career success in the 21st century. With excellent stewardship from our divisions, we oversee State and federal programs that support the needs of a diverse population – students, teachers, principals, and other educators throughout Maryland. As part of the Maryland State Department of Education, the Division of Rehabilitation Services (DORS) provides services to assist students with disabilities prepare for the work world, vocational rehabilitation services to assist adults with significant disabilities who are seeking to enter or reenter the workforce, and the adjudication of Social Security disability claims for the citizens of Maryland.
LOCATION OF POSITION
- Prince George's County - 5001 Silver Hill Road, Suite 306, Suitland, Maryland 20796
- Baltimore City - 2301 Argonne Drive, Baltimore, Maryland 21218
- Assisting persons with disabilities in preparing for and obtaining employment
- Determining eligibility for vocational services
- Providing individual career/counseling
- Reviewing medical, psychological, and vocational data to evaluate the nature and extent of the disability
- Coordinating and providing services to eligible individuals necessary to accommodate their disabilities and obtain employment
- Obtaining services from other community agencies for people with disabilities and provides job placement, post-employment, and follows-up services
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience with career counseling and case management.
- Experience in the VR and/or in a Human Services related field.
- Professional experience working with individuals who are blind/visually impaired.
- Experience assisting others w/employment preparation using job seeking tools & resources.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
It is preferred that applicants complete the MD State Government online application for employment. The application must clearly demonstrate that the applicant meets the minimum qualifications for the position. If the applicant is unable to apply online, paper applications can be obtained from the link below and be faxed to 410-554-9397 or mailed to DORS Human Resources Department at 2301 Argonne Drive, Baltimore, MD 21218. If there is a supplemental questionnaire, this must be completed and sent in with your paper application, if you are unable to apply online.
All application materials must be received in our office by the closing date. Postmarks will not be accepted. Applications must be complete to be considered including all related job duties, even if those are also listed on an attached resume. Additional required materials may be uploaded with the online application, submitted to the fax number, or mailed to the address listed.
Inquiries can be made to 410-554-9391, TDD (410) 554-9399. Appropriate accommodations can be made for individuals with disabilities.
If you have difficulty with your user account or have general questions about this online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850. TTY Users: Call via Maryland Relay.
Proof of eligibility to work in compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act, and travel throughout the State are required. Any misrepresentation of academic or experience requirements for this position may result in non-selection or termination of employment.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.