Staff Specialist III Education
|Department||MSDE - Div of Rehab Svcs - Headquarters|
|Date Opened||1/19/2023 3:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||2/2/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$63,556.00 - $98,523.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Elizabeth Cohen|
The Maryland State Department of Education is dedicated to supporting a world-class educational system that prepares all students for college and career success in the 21st century. With excellent stewardship from our divisions, we oversee State and federal programs that support the needs of a diverse population – students, teachers, principals, and other educators throughout Maryland.
LOCATION OF POSITION
- Assisting in the development, coordination and provision of staff training activities related to the Ticket to Work program, Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI), Supplemental Security Income (SSI), and Work Incentives/Benefits Planning Services
- Facilitating employment and SSA benefits verification and Ticket to Work data sharing
- Providing verification of public benefits and wage information, as well as Ticket to Work assignment availability Liaison between DORS and community partners including Social Security, the Ticket Program Manager, private Employment Networks, and other state VR programs
- Developing case management analytics to track and evaluate Ticket and cost reimbursement
- Providing statewide training and technical support to DORS staff and partners on Social Security related programs
- Providing referral and technical assistance to Social Security beneficiaries interested in and/or receiving DORS services
- Supervising agency staff who support cost reimbursement and other Program Income revenue producing sources
- Verifying and processing wage and benefit information to ensure accuracy, and reporting such data through VR case management, cost reimbursement software, and the SSA Ticket Portal
- Participating in Quality Assurance reviews and Policy review committee meetings
- Maintaining agency, State. and Federal clearances, including SSA Suitability clearance for the purposes of data sharing
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience with Social Security programs, claims preparation, and benefits planning services
- Experience in technical writing in accordance with local, state, or federal regulations
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
It is preferred that applicants complete the MD State Government online application for employment. The application must clearly demonstrate that the applicant meets the minimum qualifications for the position. If you are unable to apply online, paper applications can be obtained from the link below and be faxed to 410-554-9397 or mailed to DORS Human Resources Department at 2301 Argonne Drive, Baltimore, MD 21218. If there is a supplemental questionnaire, this must be completed and sent in with your paper application, if you are unable to apply online.
All application materials must be received in our office by the closing date. Postmarks will not be accepted. Applications must be complete to be considered including all related job duties, even if those are also listed on an attached resume. Additional required materials may be uploaded with the online application, submitted to the fax number, or mailed to the address listed.
Inquiries can be made to 410-554-9391, TDD (410) 554-9399. Appropriate accommodations can be made for individuals with disabilities.
If you have difficulty with your user account or have general questions about this online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850. TTY Users: Call via Maryland Relay.
Proof of eligibility to work in compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act, and travel throughout the State are required. Any misrepresentation of academic or experience requirements for this position may result in non-selection or termination of employment.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.