ASSISTANT ATTORNEY GENERAL VIII *REPOST*
|Department||West North Avenue Development Authority|
|Salary||$93,919.00 - $145,417.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Loni Young|
LOCATION OF POSITION
2500 West North Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21216
The position will work out of offices located on the campus of Coppin State University.
The General Counsel/Land Use Attorney (Assistant Attorney General – West North Avenue Development Authority) role entails highly responsible leadership, management and administrative planning, organizing, implementing, and directing legal representation for developing, monitoring, analyzing, and implementing positive impacts on the economic, housing, transportation, and neighborhood redevelopment and revitalization activities in targeted West Baltimore neighborhoods along the West North Avenue corridor using State and City planning, land use, zoning, and tax policies, in partnership with development partners, to assist in the acquisition, planning, financing, and development of vacant, abandoned, and blighted residential and commercial properties.
This is a highly-visible, hands-on professional role, responsible for managing impactful political, business, and community relationships and promoting effective and efficient initiatives to enhance economic development efforts in West Baltimore. Reporting to a Membership Board of state and city elected and appointed officials, business leaders, and community representatives, the individual provides overall management for a team of professionals working to facilitate equitable economic opportunity by building a diverse, vibrant economy; catalyzing job creation, private investment, and revenue generation; supporting existing businesses; promoting the attraction and creation of new businesses; and facilitating real estate and joint development and community redevelopment for West North Avenue.
- Serves as the General Counsel for the Authority providing the Membership and Staff with legal advice on administrative, operational, and financial matters; and economic, housing, transportation, and neighborhood development activities to be initiated, funded, and managed by the Authority.
- Serves as a deputized City Attorney for facilitating Judicial In Rem Foreclosures on vacant lots or buildings where the value of the liens exceeds the assessed value of the property on behalf of the Authority in partnership with Baltimore City Department of Housing and Community Development General Counsel staff.
- Drafts and reviews grant agreements, loan packages, developer partnerships, joint ventures, general contractor terms, real estate transaction documents, and all other documents that require legal review before execution by the Executive Director or approval by the Membership.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience applying Maryland State and Baltimore City real estate law.
- Experience employing Baltimore City's “Judicial In-Rem Foreclosure” process.
- Experience drafting, reviewing and editing real estate transactional documents.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must be provided prior to hire.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application and supplemental questionnaire may be submitted to: Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division, 301 W. Preston St., Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received in our office by the closing date for the recruitment. No postmarks will be accepted.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the DBM Recruitment and Examination Division at Application.Help@maryland.gov or 410-767-4850, MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.