Registered Nurse Charge Med (REPOST)
|DJS Alfred Noyes Youth Center
|3/7/2023 2:25:00 PM
|11/20/2023 11:59:00 PM
|$89,195.00 - $118,953.00/year **Annual compensation is prorated for part-time positions.**
LOCATION OF POSITION
Alfred D Noyes Children's Center
Main Purpose of Job
- Perform nursing assessments on newly admitted youth and administer related admission testing and collection of laboratory specimens
- Triage youth and assess youth requesting to be seen by nursing and make recommendations for care as appropriate and in accordance with good health practice and nursing judgment.
- Transcribe MD/NP orders and administer medication and treatments etc. to youth following medical orders. Immunize youth per physician order. Maintain Medication Administration Records and all related pharmaceutical forms.
- Document on youth health records and related logs using timely, accurate, legal terminology in SOAPE format.
Education: Determined by the Maryland State Board of Nursing under the licensing requirements for Registered Nurses.
Experience: Two years of experience as a Registered Nurse, one year of which must have been in the Medical option.
1. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor’s degree in nursing or a related field from an accredited college or university for the one year of general experience.
2. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Master’s degree in nursing or a health-related field from an accredited college or university may be substituted for the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Nursing classifications or Nursing and Hospital Administration specialty codes in the Nursing field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Candidates for positions in this classification must possess a current license as a Registered Nurse from the Maryland State Board of Nursing, 4140 Patterson Avenue, Baltimore, Maryland 21215 or possess a current multi-state license in party states that candidates have declared as primary states of residence.
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of an automobile. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
3. Employees in this classification may be required to successfully complete cardiopulmonary resuscitation training and maintain current certification.
Employees in this classification are subject to call-in and, therefore, will be
required to provide the facility with a phone number at which they can be
Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in
accordance with Code of Maryland Regulations 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use
PLEASE NOTE: Applicants who meet the
minimum qualifications will be admitted to the evaluation for this
classification. Successful candidates will be placed on the
employment (eligible) list. Applicants certified to list will receive
eligibility for a period of one (1) year.
Maryland Department of Juvenile Services
OHR-Recruitment & Examination Unit
217 E Redwood Street.
Baltimore, MD 21202
Attn: Jakiraman Jones
Fax number 410-333-4188
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
Should additional information regarding this recruitment be
required, please, contact DJS Office of Human Resources at . Include the Recruitment Title/Number
that is located at the top of the bulletin.
The resulting certified eligible list for this
recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our
country, and encourage them to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is
committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective
of the State’s diversity.
Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.