PROGRAM MANAGER II
Taxpayer Services Division
|Department||COMP Revenue Administration|
|Date Opened||1/20/2023 12:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||2/3/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$72,340.00 - $112,091.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Carole Feldkamp|
LOCATION OF POSITION
- Work is full-time, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., in the Taxpayer Services Division's Annapolis Call Center.
- Leave may be limited during certain times of the year due to high volume events, projects, or special assignments.
- Evening and weekend work may be required especially during peak times of the year.
- Work may involve special physical demands such as lifting 25 to 35 pounds.
- Employees are unable to prepare tax returns outside of the requirements of the job or work for private accounting services.
- Employees must be able to tolerate an occasional uncomfortable or unpleasant experience presented by upset or irate taxpayers.
- The position is considered one of the agency's emergency essential personnel.
- Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university and three years of experience supervising subordinates in a call center or emergency preparedness environment; providing personnel and operational advice; or have been in a responsible management capacity sufficient to demonstrate capabilities of performing responsible professional work for the required experience.
- Candidates may substitute additional graduate education in an academic field related to the required experience from an accredited college or university at the rate of 30 college credits for each year of the required experience.
- Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience at the rank of Corporal/Petty Officer or higher as a commissioned officer in accounting and budget classification or accounting and budget specialty codes in the tax examining field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Managerial experience
- Customer service experience
- Organizational skills
- Management of Call Center or emergency preparedness environment experience
- Experience with personal computer and software applications
- Knowledge and experience of Maryland State Tax Laws and Forms
- Knowledge and experience of Federal Tax Laws and Forms
- Experience adapting to changing priorities
- Communication skills (both verbal and written)
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to demonstrate that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. Please indicate clearly any position-specific experience and ensure all education and experience sections are complete. Incomplete information may result in the disqualification of your application.
All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date.
*Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country and encourage them to apply. If you are seeking veteran's preference, please submit a copy of your DD-214.
The preferred method for submitting additional information is to upload it directly into your online account. Please remove references to the first 5 digits of your SSN and your DOB on all attachments by deleting, redacting or blacking that information out with a marker. Any attachments necessary to demonstrate the minimum qualifications were met must be submitted by the filing deadline.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you choose fax or email as the option to submit your application and/or required additional information, you must include the following information on each page you submit:
1. First and Last Name
2. Recruitment Number (located at the top of the bulletin)
3. The last 4 digits of your SS#
Fax: 410-974-5249 – This fax number is for Comptroller of Maryland recruitment efforts only.
For Further Questions
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about this online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
If you have questions about this particular recruitment, please contact the Comptroller of MD, Office of Human Resources at email@example.com.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: (410) 260-7695 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.