PROGRAM MANAGER II
|Department||DPSCS Maryland Parole Commission|
|Date Opened||2/2/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||2/16/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$72,340.00 - $112,091.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Aicha Bomou|
LOCATION OF POSITION
- Assists the Chairperson with the overall management of the Commission that includes eighty employees; serves as designated Appointing Authority for agency in the absence of Chairperson; monitors the agency budget in conjunction with the Chairperson, develops, articulates and disseminates agency policy; evaluates staffing needs and reassigns personnel; sets performance standards for Commission units; reviews performance evaluations and imposes progressive discipline when appropriate.
- Meets regularly with managers of the Commission units to ensure that agency goals and objectives are being achieved; ensures policies are reviewed and updated as necessary; reviews and assesses unit productivity and makes recommendations and/or determines what action is to be taken to improve unit productivity; trains and educates staff on new initiatives; implements new programs or procedures when necessary. undefined·
- Manages, directs, supervises and evaluates subordinate staff; guides unit managers and staff to maintain a high level of efficiency with respect to operations.
- Assists with development and implementation of programs and projects in conjunction with sister agencies; meets regularly with administrators of agencies to address concerns and develop solutions for problems.
- Develops Managing For Results (MFR) goals and objectives and strategies to achieve same; compiles, reviews, assesses and evaluates MFR data and reports, findings/recommendations to Departmental liaison.
- Coordinates litigation with Office of Attorney General and seeks legal advice on cases requiring resolutions; prepares the agency's Annual Report; responds to inquiries from the judiciary, Office of the Attorney General, State's Attorneys, social agencies and programs, inmates and attorneys concerning parole-related or case specific issues.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application and supplemental questionnaire may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 410-484-5928. Paper application materials must be received in our office by the closing date for the recruitment.
If you are submitting additional information, the preferred method is to upload it with your application. All uploaded additional information must be received by the closing date and time. If you are unable to upload,
please email the requested information to email@example.com referencing the recruitment number in the subject line, or fax to 410-484-5928 (providing a cover sheet with your contact information,
recruitment name, recruitment number and the number of pages faxed). Only additional materials that are requested will be accepted for this recruitment.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services, HRSD-Recruitment Division at 410-585-3999.
If you are having difficulties with submitting your online application, please contact the DBM Recruitment and Examination Division at Application.Help@maryland.gov <Application.Help@maryland.gov> or
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining, and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.