Superintendent of Facilities Management
Program Manager IV
|Department||DGS Office of Facilities Management|
|Date Opened||8/22/2023 2:10:00 PM|
|Salary||$97,821 - $135,450/year (depending on experience and qualifications)|
|HR Analyst||Ari Ross|
The Maryland Department of General Services (DGS) supports State and local government agencies, as well as local non-profit organizations and the citizens of Maryland, by providing facilities management, real estate and surplus property services, as well as security and law enforcement for State buildings. DGS is also responsible for a full spectrum of facilities engineering, design and construction services, almost $1 billion in annual contract administration, and overseeing the State procurement process. Here at DGS, we truly Do Great Service… Consider joining our team!
This is a Management Service position which serves at the pleasure of the Appointing Authority (“at-will”).
LOCATION OF POSITION
The current vacancy exists within the Multi-Service Centers Region. Primary work location is in Ellicott City, MD. This recruitment may be used to fill other vacancies as they occur.
Facilities Operations: Direct and coordinate all activities related to the maintenance andbuilding functions for state owned or occupied buildings to support personnel within stategovernment.Utilize the DGS Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)to manage the operations of buildings.
Supervision and Leadership: Provide guidance and leadership to administrative staff,regional managers and their staff, and facility maintenance teams that include variousskilled trades and maintenance specialists. Prepare performance appraisals and mediateand address disciplinary issues, and ensure vacant positions are filled in a timely manner.Provide leadership and training opportunities for growth and development of staff.
Contract Procurement and Management: Initiate and oversee various maintenance,preventative maintenance, and building services contracts. These contracts are used toservice elevators, energy management systems, emergency generators, uninterruptiblepower supplies, fire alarms, fire extinguishing systems, snow removal, and janitorial andsecurity services. This includes overseeing projects once they are appropriated.
Fiscal Administration: Responsible for oversight of Fiscal Year budget requests andproject justifications for the region. The Superintendent has operating authority forpurchasing, requisitions and contract negotiation and renewals.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Five (5) years of full-time experience in a responsible professional capacity in theoperation of a large public building, hospital, educational complex, industrial plant orlarge commercial structure. Three (3) years of this experience should includeresponsibility for fiscal and budget planning, as well as contract negotiations.
- Management and leadership experience supervising skilled building maintenancepersonnel and administrative staff.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university is preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills for interacting with executive and seniorleadership, agency management, staff, vendors and building tenants.
The State of Maryland offers a generous benefits package that includes:
- Tuition reimbursement for those who qualify;
- Flexible work schedules and telework opportunities for many positions;
- Free mass transit in Baltimore & Annapolis;
- Generous paid leave that increases with years of service;
- Paid holidays;
- Health coverage with low out-of-pocket costs;
- Employee & employer contributory pension plan.
Click on the link below for more information.
Interested applicants should e-mail a resume and cover letter to email@example.com – include “Superintendent MSC” in the subject line of the e-mail.
Priority resume review if submitted before September 6, 2023.
For questions, call our HR Office at 410-767-4985.
For more information about DGS, please visit: https://dgs.maryland.gov/.
DGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer