PROGRAM MANAGER IV
Deputy Program Manager, Compliance Program
|Department||MDE - Water and Science Administration (WSA)|
|Date Opened||11/16/2023 10:11:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||11/30/2023 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$84,047.00 - $135,450.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Olivia Finley|
Main Purpose of Job
The incumbent in this position will be required to drive a State vehicle. If you maintain an out-of-state driving license, you must provide a certified copy of your driving record from the appropriate Motor Vehicle Administration at the time of appointment. Individuals must maintain a driver's license with no more than 5 points on their driving record in order to drive a State vehicle.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Prior experience supervising technical and administrative personnel.
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, planning and organizational skills.
- Experience handling challenging, high profile, controversial cases that are closely scrutinized by elected officials, the media and the public.
- Strong written and oral communication skills to engage with a wide variety of stakeholders, including permittees, environmental groups, the public, federal and local governments, and other State agencies.
- Technical experience applying State and federal laws and regulations, such as the Clean Water Act, NPDES permits, wetlands and waterway construction, water quality and other science based permits, laws and regulations.
- Experience working with the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), EPA Office of Water and the Office of Enforcement and Compliance Assurance, The Maryland Department of Natural Resources, Maryland Department of Planning, and the Maryland Department of Agriculture.
- Experience with EPA's Integrated Compliance Information System (ICIS), NetDMR, and the Enforcement and Compliance History Online (ECHO) database.
- Experience producing data driven reports.
- Experience with administrative, civil and criminal legal processes and working with the Office of the Attorney General.