Grants Administration and Compliance Manager
Program Manager Sr I
|MSDE - Office of the State Superintendent
|8/1/2023 11:59:00 PM
|10/13/2023 11:59:00 AM
|$89,727.00 - $144,573.00/year
The Maryland State Department of Education is dedicated to supporting a world-class educational system that prepares all students for college and career success in the 21st century. With excellent stewardship from our divisions, we oversee State and federal programs that support the needs of a diverse population – students, teachers, principals, and other educators throughout Maryland.
This is a Management Service position and serves at the pleasure of the Appointing Authority.
**REPOST, Previous Applicants do not need to reapply**
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Manages policies, procedures, and guidelines and implements schedules, priorities, and standards for achieving established goals for the Office of Grants Administration and Compliance.
- Manages and evaluates all grant activities through each stage of an assigned grant program and fund cycle
- Manages assigned grant coordinators, including training, coaching and counsel of team members and maintains positive working relationships that foster a highly motivated and effective team.
- Oversees the work of assigned grant administration and compliance coordinators to ensure all grant programs and funds are administered in a timely manner, in compliance with state and federal laws, rules and regulations, and in accordance with published MSDE processes and procedures
- Manages grant program and fund support and guidance procedures and practices for assigned internal and external stakeholders throughout each stage of the grant administration, monitoring, and compliance cycle.
- Manages collaborative working relationships with assigned internal and external stakeholders to ensure efficient and effective grant program and fund management and other grant administration functions such as budget preparation, negotiation activities with recipients, coordination to prevent lapse of funds, training, response to inquiries, monitoring, and reporting.
- Serves as a direct contact for MSDE e-grant submission/negotiation activities of assigned grant program and fund applications Manage and implement internal and external monitoring procedures and practices for grant programs and funds to assess compliance, document findings, and when necessary, facilitate corrective action plans with assigned internal and external stakeholders
- Participates in division wide policy development and implementation sessions; coordinates and maintains documentation, including standardized processes and procedures.
- Candidates may substitute the possession of a Master’s degree or the equivalent of 36 credit hours of post-baccalaureate course work in Education or a related area for two years of the required experience directly related to the position option.
- Candidates may substitute the possession of a Doctorate degree from an accredited college or university in a field related to the position option for three years of the required experience.
- Candidates may substitute experience as defined above for the required education on a year-for-year basis for up to four years.
- Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience at a rank of Corporal/Petty Officer or higher as a commissioned officer in Education Program classifications or Education Program specialty codes in the Education field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education, one year of which must have been in an administrative supervisory or consultative capacity.