The Maryland State Department of Education is dedicated to supporting a world-class educational system that prepares all students for college and career success in the 21st century. With excellent stewardship from our divisions, we oversee State and federal programs that support the needs of a diverse population – students, teachers, principals, and other educators throughout Maryland.
This is a Management Service position and serves at the pleasure of the Appointing Authority.
**REPOST, Previous Applicants do not need to reapply**
LOCATION OF POSITION
Nancy S. Grasmick Education Building
200 West Baltimore Street
Baltimore, Maryland 21201
Note: All MSDE positions require in-person/on-site reporting.
Main Purpose of Job
This is a professional management position reporting to the Director of the Office of Grants Administration and Compliance serving as a Program Manager for Grants Administration and Compliance responsible for overseeing all discretionary and formula grants processes and systems to ensure fiscal goals and objectives are satisfied annually in alignment with MSDE’s multiyear strategic plan and Blueprint for Maryland’s Future initiatives.
- Manages policies, procedures, and guidelines and implements schedules, priorities, and standards for achieving established goals for the Office of Grants Administration and Compliance.
- Manages and evaluates all grant activities through each stage of an assigned grant program and fund cycle
- Manages assigned grant coordinators, including training, coaching and counsel of team members and maintains positive working relationships that foster a highly motivated and effective team.
- Oversees the work of assigned grant administration and compliance coordinators to ensure all grant programs and funds are administered in a timely manner, in compliance with state and federal laws, rules and regulations, and in accordance with published MSDE processes and procedures
- Manages grant program and fund support and guidance procedures and practices for assigned internal and external stakeholders throughout each stage of the grant administration, monitoring, and compliance cycle.
- Manages collaborative working relationships with assigned internal and external stakeholders to ensure efficient and effective grant program and fund management and other grant administration functions such as budget preparation, negotiation activities with recipients, coordination to prevent lapse of funds, training, response to inquiries, monitoring, and reporting.
- Serves as a direct contact for MSDE e-grant submission/negotiation activities of assigned grant program and fund applications Manage and implement internal and external monitoring procedures and practices for grant programs and funds to assess compliance, document findings, and when necessary, facilitate corrective action plans with assigned internal and external stakeholders
- Participates in division wide policy development and implementation sessions; coordinates and maintains documentation, including standardized processes and procedures.
Education: A Bachelor’s degree in education or a related area from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Five years of related experience in coordinating or administering education programs or services.
1. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Master’s degree or the equivalent of 36 credit hours of post-baccalaureate course work in Education or a related area for two years of the required experience directly related to the position option.
2. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Doctorate degree from an accredited college or university in a field related to the position option for three years of the required experience.
3. The required field of education and experience are unique for each option and are established by MSDE in accordance with Education Article, Section 2-104 of the Annotated Code of Maryland. The specific education and experience qualifications for each position are on record in the Human Resource Management Branch of the Division of Business Services.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience at a rank of Corporal/Petty Officer or higher as a commissioned officer in Education Program classifications or Education Program specialty codes in the Education field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education, one year of which must have been in an administrative supervisory or consultative capacity.
Applicants must consent to State and FBI (CJIS) background check as a routine procedure for all employees. Proof of eligibility to work in compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act and occasional travel throughout the state are required. Any misrepresentation of academic or experience requirements for this position may result in non-selection or termination of employment
Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year. For education obtained outside of the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation will be required prior to hire. The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
It is preferred that applicants complete the MD State Government online application for employment -AND- submit their professional resume. The application must clearly demonstrate that the applicant meets the minimum qualifications for the position. If the applicant is unable to apply online, paper applications can be obtained from the link below and mailed to MSDE Office of Human Resources, 200 W. Baltimore Street, Baltimore, MD 21201. If there is a supplemental questionnaire, this must be completed and sent in with your paper application, if you are unable to apply online.
Please do not put "See Resume" in the job duties section of your application; your application will not be considered.
All application materials must be received in our office by the closing date. Postmarks will not be accepted. Applications must be complete to be considered including all related job duties, even if those are also listed on an attached resume. Additional required materials may be uploaded with the online application or mailed to the address listed.
Inquiries can be made to 410-767-0019 TDD 410-333-3045. Appropriate accommodations can be made for individuals with disabilities.
If you have difficulty with your user account or have general questions about this online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850. TTY Users: Call via Maryland Relay.
Proof of eligibility to work is required in compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act. Any misrepresentation of academic or experience requirements for this position may result in non-selection or termination of employment.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.