School Facilities Architect Manager
Program Manager Senior I
|Department||MSDE - Deputy of Operations|
|Date Opened||11/7/2023 1:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||12/29/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$89,727.00 - $144,573.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Holly Winchester|
The Maryland State Department of Education is dedicated to supporting a world-class educational system that prepares all students for college and career success in the 21st century. With excellent stewardship from our divisions, we oversee State and federal programs that support the needs of a diverse population – students, teachers, principals, and other educators throughout Maryland.
LOCATION OF POSITION
- Review and comment on educational specifications and feasibility studies.
- Review and recommend approval or disapproval on schematic design, design development, construction document, and contract award submissions.
- Act as a liaison among LEAs, parents, advocacy groups, and State agencies on school construction issues.
- Negotiate with LEAs to resolve issues on capital projects.
- Provide training and assistance on aspects of design review specific to school facilities.
- Perform general supervisory tasks such as timesheets, leave approvals, travel and reimbursements, and performance evaluations.
- Represent the Office of School Facilities when the Executive Director is unavailable.
- Coordinate with MSDE divisions, IAC member agencies and other State agencies.
- Provide technical assistance to Nonpublic Aging Schools grant recipients.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience in Educational or K-12 facilities planning.
- Knowledge of construction codes and state and local regulations regarding building and planning of school buildings.
- Experience developing design guidelines/standards, facility program, or feasibility studies.
- Demonstrating strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to effectively connect with a broad collaborator group with varying degrees of functional expertise.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects concurrently, prioritize and plan work activities while meeting respective deadlines.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Qualified candidates must possess a current Professional license in Architecture or Engineering.
- Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.||Apply Online|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|