HEALTH OFFICER, PRINCE GEORGE'S CO. DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH
PROGRAM MANAGER SENIOR II (NON-PHYSICIAN)
|Department||MDH Local Health - Prince George's County|
|Date Opened||1/25/2023 2:16:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||2/28/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$93,919.00 - $145,417.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Janet Esser|
Main Purpose of Job
- Administer public health programs for Prince George’s County, including management of personnel, funds, facilities, and all assets of the Department. Administer the Department’s nearly $75,000,000 operating budget comprised of Core Public Health Funding; County, Federal, and State grant funding; and revenues derived from fee collections. Reallocate budgetary and department resources within the Department to maximize service output.
- Responsible for development, promotion, and management of public health programs for Prince George’s County, including evaluating community needs and initiating new programs as deemed necessary to meet State and County objectives and to achieve a healthy population. Provide clinical oversight of public health programs in the Department.
- Enforce Federal, State, and County laws, rules, and regulations to protect the public health and safety of the population, including environmental health rules.Execute policies and procedures established by the State and County as they relate to health matters applicable to Prince George’s County. Direct the development and revision of Departmental policies and procedures in accordance with these rules and regulations.
- Coordinate or combine the resources of health care institutions, social service organizations, public safety personnel, or other agencies to enhance community health.
- Proposes Federal, State, and County laws, rules and regulations pertaining to administration of health services. Provide testimony to the State Legislature and County Council as appropriate concerning new or amended legislation affecting the Department.
- Design or use monitoring tools, like as screening, lab records, and vital information, to recognize health risks.
- Develop tools to address behavioral causes of diseases.
- Decide retention, expansion, or abolition of program services and other departmental resources.
- Integrate the plans, activities and staffing of Department Divisions and Programs.
This is a Management Service position and serves at the pleasure of the Appointing Authority. A resume must accompany your application.
Applicants who meet the minimum (and selective) qualifications will be included in further evaluation. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. Clearly indicate your college degree and major on your application, if applicable. For education obtained outside the U.S., any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing an evaluation for equivalency by a foreign credential evaluation service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview).
Complete applications must be submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be added.
Incorrect application forms will not be accepted.
Candidates may remain on the certified eligible list for a period of at least one year. The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application (and supplemental questionnaire) may be submitted to MDH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If you are unable to upload, please fax the requested information to 410-333-5689. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the MDH Recruitment and Selection Division at 410-767-1251.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.