PROGRAM MANAGER SENIOR II
Director of Social Services, Anne Arundel County
|Department||DHS - Anne Arundel County DSS|
|Date Opened||3/3/2023 12:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||3/27/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$93,919.00 - $131,986.00/year with potential growth to $145,417.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Deenna Greene|
The Maryland Department of Human Services (DHS) is the state’s primary social service provider, serving over one million Marylanders annually. The Department, through its 24 local departments of social services, aggressively pursues opportunities to assist people in economic need, provide preventive services, and protect vulnerable children and adults in each of Maryland’s 23 counties and Baltimore City. DHS works in every community in Maryland to positively impact the lives of Marylanders.
This is a Management Service position, and serves at the pleasure of the Appointing Authority.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Anne Arundel County Department of Social Services
80 West Street
Annapolis MD 21401
Main Purpose of Job
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Desired qualifications include, but are not limited to:
- Strong leadership and management skills, particularly in fiscal and human resource management.
- Ability to implement change, motivate staff and maintain relationships.
- Ability to acquire new funding from non-traditional sources.
- Strong communication skills.
As an employee of the State of Maryland, you will have access to outstanding benefits, including:
● health insurance, dental, and vision plans offered at a low cost (CLICK HERE FOR MORE DETAILS).
● Personal Leave - new State employees are awarded six (6) personnel days annually (prorated based on start date).
● Annual Leave - ten (10) days of accumulated annual leave per year.
● Sick Leave - fifteen (15) days of accumulated sick leave per year.
● Parental Leave - up to sixty (60) days of paid parental leave upon the birth or adoption of a child.
● Holidays - State employees also celebrate at least twelve (12) holidays per year.
● Pension - State employees earn credit towards a retirement pension.
Teleworking opportunities may be available for this position.
If you have any questions about this recruitment, please contact the Department of Human Services at email@example.com. Please include on the subject line the recruitment #.
Applications will only be accepted via this online employment center. You will be required to provide a resume, salary history, and current salary requirements. This information must be uploaded as a single document along with your resume or faxed to 410-333-3976 attention: Deenna Greene with the title "Director of Social Services, Anne Arundel County".
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Additional information about DHS is available at www.dhs.maryland.gov.
MD TTY Relay Service: 1-800-735-2258.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.