PROGRAM MANAGER SENIOR II
Director Of Claims and Benefits
|Department||LABOR - Family and Medical Leave Insurance|
|Date Opened||11/21/2023 09:05:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||12/19/2023 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$115,601 -$134,626 with potential growth up to $154,319.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Tiffany Lott-Mallard|
Maryland’s FAMLI system makes sure all workers in Maryland have paid time off for medical and family reasons. FAMLI is a $2 billion social insurance system, delivered as a digitally native, public-facing service. We’re in the early stages of building something as big and as far-reaching as unemployment insurance or a new health department, and we are committed to creating an organization that embraces modern best practices in everything it does.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Determines organizational structure and staffing needs of the Claims and Benefits Directorate;
- Establishes overall policies and procedures for the Directorate, oversees their implementation, evaluates their effectiveness and approves major revisions;
- Establishes overall Directorate goals, standards, and controls to meet Directorate objectives and oversees their achievement;
- Plan directs, and administers all aspects of the Claims and Benefits Directorate;
- Oversees and manages the personnel and financial resources of the Directorate;
- Develops, implements, and manages short and long-range plans for Claims and Benefits Directorate operations and resources;
- Plans, coordinates, supervises, and evaluates the work of subordinate managers;
- Prescribes and oversees development and training of Directorate staff;
- Represents the Claims and Benefits Directorate before State and local officials, legislative committees, and senior managers and executives of other agencies concerning Directorate activities;
- Leading dynamic, high-performance teams
- Developing and executing short and long-term strategies to improve organizational effectiveness and efficiency
- Successfully managing day-to-day operations in complex, high-stakes environments
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Master's degree in Public Policy, Public Administration, Business Administration, or other relevant field.
- Track record of providing outstanding customer experience through data-driven, user-centered improvements to organizational processes and training
- Experience building an organizational culture of empathy, empowerment, and relentlessly high performance standards among customer-facing staff.
- You value autonomy in your work, strive to achieve mastery in your field, and are energized by a mission-driven organization
- You're a strong and inclusive leader who loves helping staff grow to meet difficult challenges
- You're an excellent collaborator
- You are excited about solving complex human and organizational issues
- You're an organized person who has experience coordinating complex projects
- You're great at delegating ownership to capable people
This is a full-time, permanent position and eligible for full State benefits, which include:
● Flexible hours and hybrid teleworking
● Paid holidays 12-13 per year
● Generous paid leave package (annual, sick, personal and compensatory leave)
● State Pension ("defined benefit" plan)
● Tax-deferred supplemental retirement savings plans (401(k) and 457)
● Free parking
● Comprehensive, subsidized health, dental and prescription plans with little to no deductibles, free generic prescriptions, and free preventative health services
● Flexible Spending Account plans for Health Care and Daycare
● State Employees Credit Union
To learn more, please click this link: STATE OF MARYLAND BENEFITS
U.S. Military Veterans may qualify for additional bonus points towards certification. Any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing a U.S. Military form DD 214 verifying honorable discharge from service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview). Permanent State employees do not need to submit proof of Veterans’ status.
If you are unable to apply online, or encounter difficulty attaching required or optional documentation, you may submit via mail or deliver in person. Please be sure to include your name, identification number (Easy ID#) and job announcement number on any documentation to ensure timely processing.
PLEASE DO NOT FAX OR EMAIL UNSOLICITED DOCUMENTATION
Completed applications, required documentation, and any required addendums may be mailed to:
MDOL Office of Administration
Attn: Tiffany Lott-Mallard 23-005483-0044
1100 N. Eutaw Street, Rm. 101
Baltimore, MD 21201
Please contact Tiffany.Lott-Mallard1@maryland.gov or 410-767-2096 for additional information concerning this recruitment. Online applications are strongly preferred. " A resume and cover letter are strongly encouraged for this position. Please upload one Word or PDF file that includes your combined cover letter and resume using the “Transcript” upload function, or via the JobAps “Other” tab."
Maryland Department of Labor, is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of DOL that all persons have equal opportunity and access to employment opportunities, services, and facilities without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.||Apply Online|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|