SENIOR DIRECTOR OF LABOR RELATIONS
PROGRAM MANAGER SENIOR IV
|Date Opened||6/15/2023 3:25:00 PM|
|Salary||$135,000.00 - $153,000.00/year|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
This is a Political Special Appointment and serves at the pleasure of the Appointing Authority.
- Serves as the State’s Chief Negotiator and advises the Governor on labor strategy and labor relations-related matters affecting the State’s workforce.
- Works closely with State agencies, the Department of Budget & Management, Department of Labor, and exclusive representatives of bargaining unit employees to foster a collaborative relationship and effective communications between parties.
- Participates in and coordinates activities relating to the negotiation of various Memoranda of Understanding (MOUs), side letter agreements, etc.; synthesizes data to reach conclusions on proposals that are put forth by either side; makes recommendations to the Governor on terms and conditions of MOUs.
- In collaboration with the Department of Budget & Management, provides guidance to agencies on collective bargaining matters, including the interpretation of contract language, to ensure consistent Statewide application of contract terms, as appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned including attending labor events and meetings with the Governor and Lt. Governor.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date.
It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.Candidates will undergo a vetting and interview process administered by the Governor's Appointment Office.
Interested candidates should email a cover letter, a resume, a statement of capabilities, and references to:
Secretary of Appointments
Office of the Governor
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.