REGISTERED NURSE SUPERVISOR MEDICAL*REPOST*
MULTIPLE PART-TIME CONTRACTUAL POSITIONS AVAILABLE
|Department||MDH Western Maryland Center|
|Date Opened||3/20/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||9/7/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$37.65 - $60.68/hour (Negotiable)|
|HR Analyst||Eunice Ivory|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
The Registered Nurse Manager of Nursing Services assists the Assistant Director of Nursing in developing and implementing goals, objectives, standards, policies and procedures for the Nursing Department at Western Maryland Hospital Center. This is a managerial supervisory position responsible for planning safe, high quality, and efficient nursing utilizing expert clinical knowledge and decision-making, delegation, and communication skills. This position Develops/coordinates facility wide programs for prevention and management of skin breakdown. Provides expert consultation and hands-on care for individual patients with acute or chronic wounds. Establishes/coordinates multi-disciplinary, comprehensive management plans. Performs conservative sharp instrumental wound debridement of devitalized tissue and chemical cauterization per physician order. Coordinates care for populations of patients identifying trends and developing standardized prevention and treatment protocols; refines protocols based on outcomes. Develops/implements educational programs for patients, staff and other health care providers. Coordinates quality improvement initiatives to optimize skin and wound outcomes. Advocates for the patient with skin and wound care needs and assists the Assistant Director of Nursing (ADON) and collaborates with other departments to coordinate resident care.
Education: Determined by the Maryland State Board of Nursing under the licensing requirements for Registered Nurses.
Experience: Three years of experience as a Registered Nurse to include one year in a supervisory, administrative or teaching capacity and two years in the Medical option.
1. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or a related field from an accredited college or university for one year of the required general experience.
2. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Master’s degree in Nursing or a health related field from an accredited college or university for two years of the required general experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Nursing classifications or Nursing and Hospital Administration specialty codes in the Nursing field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Candidates for positions in this classification must possess a current license as a Registered Nurse from the Maryland State Board of Nursing, 4140 Patterson Avenue, Baltimore, Maryland 21215 or possess a current multi-state license in party states that candidates have declared as primary states of residence.
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of an automobile. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
3. Employees in this classification may be required to successfully complete cardiopulmonary resuscitation training and maintain current certification.
1. Employees in this classification are subject to call-in and, therefore, will be required to provide the facility with a phone number at which they can be reached.
2. Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulations 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
Applicants who meet the minimum (and selective) qualifications will be included in further evaluation. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. Clearly indicate your college degree and major on your application, if applicable. For education obtained outside the U.S., any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing an evaluation for equivalency by a foreign credential evaluation service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview).
Complete applications must be submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be added.
Incorrect application forms will not be accepted. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
Candidates may remain on the certified eligible list for a period of at least one year. The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program, have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
Leave may be granted to a contractual employee who has worked 120 days in a 12 month period. This leave accrues at a rate of one hour for every 30 hours worked, not to exceed 40 hours per calendar year.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application (and supplemental questionnaire) may be submitted to MDH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If you are unable to upload, please fax the requested information to 410-333-5689. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the MDH Recruitment and Selection Division at 410-767-1251.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.