Debt Management Administrative Assistant
Treasury Associate I
|Date Opened||3/16/2023 4:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||4/2/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$46,435.00 - $71,124.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Michele Reid|
The constitutional and statutory provisions relating to the Office of the State Treasurer can be found in Articles I, III, V, VI, and XII of the Maryland Constitution; Title 5 of the State Government Article; and Titles 2 and 6-9 of the State Finance and Procurement Article. Specifically, as a member of the Board of Public Works, the Treasurer has the lead role in the Board's activities relating to the issuance and oversight of State debt and is responsible for arranging for the payment of principal and interest on State debt. The Treasurer is responsible for recommending the size, timing, and terms of sale of General Obligation bonds. The Debt Management Division monitors market conditions, arranges the details of the actual sale, and supervises all activities of post-sale settlement, the investment of the bond proceeds, compliance with Internal Revenue Service requirements for tax-exempt bonds, continuing disclosure and payment of debt service.
The duties and responsibilities of the State Treasurer's Office are core to the financial operations of the State.
We are the State's money-keepers, money-makers, and money-movers.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
The Maryland State Treasurer’s Office is seeking a financial support professional with strong communication and organizational skills to join the Division of Debt Management. The Division of Debt Management is responsible for the issuance, analysis, record keeping, and payment of approximately $9.9 Billion of General Obligation Bonds outstanding, which are rated AAA by all three rating agencies, as well as outstanding monies for capital and energy leases.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: One year of experience in performing secretarial or clerical work in an office environment.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
- Experience performing administrative tasks in a financial environment
- Experience providing administrative and/or customer service support to an executive official
- Knowledge of the introductory concepts of current business, economic and financial trends
- Ability to communicate professionally both orally and in writing
- Ability to organize and coordinate duties and responsibilities and to meet deadlines consistently
- Ability to understand and comply with fiscal regulations and controls
- Ability to initiate action and exercise sound judgment
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with peers and superiors
- Ability to use tact, discretion and professional diplomacy in dealing with others
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS
WHY WORK FOR THE STATE OF MARYLAND?
- Job stability and pinnacle experience (we are a Constitutional Office)
- Work-life balance
- Ability to make your mark through public service
- Predictable hours and hybrid teleworking schedules
- Paid holidays 12-13 per year
- Generous paid leave package (annual, sick, personal and compensatory leave)
- State Pension ("defined benefit" plan)
- Tax-deferred supplemental retirement savings plans (401(k) and 457)
- Free parking
- Comprehensive, subsidized health, dental and prescription plans with little to no deductibles, free generic prescriptions, and free preventative health services
- Flexible Spending Account plans for Health Care and Daycare
- State Employees Credit Union
- Direct Deposit
All job opportunities within the Maryland State Treasurer’s Office are accessible through JobAps, the Statewide Recruitment, Examination and Applicant tracking system. Please upload a current copy of your resume with your application. Electronic application is strongly preferred; however, if you do not have access to a computer, you may send a copy of your resume to the State Treasurer's Office, Human Resources, 80 Calvert Street, Room 109, Annapolis MD 21401, or fax to 410-260-4090.
All candidates will be subject to a background investigation at the time of interview, to include criminal, civil, and credit history. Any questions regarding this recruitment or the recruitment process may be directed to the STO Personnel Office at 410-260-7078.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
TTY Users: Call via Maryland Relay
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|