ADMINISTRATOR III *REPOST*
POLICY & RESEARCH ANALYST
|Department||West North Avenue Development Authority|
|Date Opened||5/18/2023 10:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||7/3/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$63,556.00 - $98,523.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Bianca Forte|
- Create a forum for residents to come together on one comprehensive economic, housing, transportation, and neighborhood revitalization plan for West North Avenue.
- Serve as a clearinghouse and resource center for promoting coordination and communication on development opportunities for West North Avenue.
- Ensure State and City funds are spent effectively and efficiently for development, and that development is happening in the appropriate way for West North Avenue.
- Provide advisory services to State, City and Non-government agencies on planning and development for West North Avenue.
- “Initiate” and “Fund” real estate and infrastructure development projects for West North Avenue.
LOCATION OF POSITION
2500 West North Avenue
The Policy and Research Analyst will support the West North Avenue Development Authority in collecting, analyzing, and reporting on a variety of data needs to support the agencies comprehensive plan and redevelopment activities. These activities are focused on investment in housing, transportation, economic, and neighborhood development.
- Reviewing and recommending changes to current policies and legislation,
- Researching creative and alternative best practices for implementation by the Authority,
- Producing statistical analyst reports on housing, economic, transportation, and neighborhood data,
- Writing articles,
- Serving as a liaison to the Maryland Department of Legislative Services and staff to members of the Maryland General Assembly.
Education: A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Political Science, Social Science, Public Administration, Public Policy, Community Planning, or other relevant study.
- Candidates may substitute additional professional experience as defined above on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
- Candidates may substitute additional job-related education at a rate of thirty credit hours for each year of experience for up to two years of the required experience.
- Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in business and industry classification or business and industry specialty codes in the related field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.1. Experience producing policy research, legislative, analytical, and article writings, statistical data formulation and presentations, and community engagement.
Please provide sufficient information on your application to document that you meet the minimum qualifications for this recruitment. Unofficial transcripts, certifications or diplomas to document educational or certification qualifications are required. Educational credentials from foreign countries must be evaluated by an approved education review service. This evaluation must be submitted with your application. For further information, you may call International Consultants of Delaware, Inc. (302) 737-8715 or World Education Services Inc. 1-800-932-3897 or (202) 331-2925. Successful candidates will be placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year. Eligible list may be used to fill future vacancies of the same classification. Successful candidates must document eligibility to work in the U.S. upon hire
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application and supplemental questionnaire may be submitted to: Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division, 301 W. Preston St., Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received in our office by the closing date for the recruitment. No postmarks will be accepted.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the DBM Recruitment and Examination Division at Application.Help@maryland.gov or 410-767-4850, MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.