MAINTENANCE CHIEF II
|Department||DPSCS Police and Correctional Training Commissions|
|Date Opened||5/25/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||6/9/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|HR Analyst||Thomasine Johnson|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Completes daily work orders for repairs and maintenance, including but not limited to, plumbing, carpentry, painting, construction projects and various maintenance repair requests. Adjusts, maintains and makes minor repairs to HVAC equipment and other modern electronic control devices on building automation systems. Troubleshoot and diagnose equipment repairs.
- Provide daily janitorial services within assigned buildings to include cleaning floors, fixtures, disinfecting surfaces, trash removal, restocking supplies, etc. Perform routine deep cleaning of building as scheduled to include polishing floors, steam cleaning carpets, window cleaning, cleaning air vents, etc.
- Perform seasonal outdoor maintenance services such as grass cutting, snow removal, plant trimming, etc. as needed. Operates state vehicles, tractors and/or other snow removal, lawn cutting and trimming machinery and equipment. Maintain and make minor repairs to outdoor roadways, parking lots and walkways. Remove ice and snow from parking lots and walkways. Remove trash, leaves and other debris from outdoor areas, including gutters, window wells and storm drains as assigned.
- Operates manual, electric and gas powered tools and equipment.
- Maintain work areas in a safe, sanitary, and secure manner.
- Contribute to preparation of project justifications and scope of work for construction/renovation projects.
- Responds to emergencies while fulfilling the on-call duties.
Experience: Three years of experience in building maintenance, including two years of responsibility for assigning, reviewing and approving the work of other building maintenance workers.
Employees in this classification may be required to work weekends and holidays, based on staffing needs. Employees required to work on those days will receive compensatory time off on other days.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program, have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
Leave may be granted to a contractual employee who has worked 120 days in a 12 month period. This leave accrues at a rate of one hour for every 30 hours worked, not to exceed 40 hours per calendar year.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application and supplemental questionnaire may be emailed to email@example.com or faxed to 410-484-5928. Paper application materials must be received in our office by the closing date for the recruitment.
If you are submitting additional information, the preferred method is to upload it with your application. All uploaded additional information must be received by the closing date and time. If you are unable to upload,
please email the requested information to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing the recruitment number in the subject line, or fax to 410-484-5928 (providing a cover sheet with your contact information,
recruitment name, recruitment number and the number of pages faxed). Only additional materials that are requested will be accepted for this recruitment.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services, HRSD-Recruitment Division at 410-585-3999.
If you are having difficulties with submitting your online application, please contact the DBM Recruitment and Examination Division at Application.Help@maryland.gov <Application.Help@maryland.gov> or
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining, and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.