MPT Manager K-12 Services
|Department||MPT - Broadcasting|
|Date Opened||11/17/2023 09:42:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||12/8/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$30.00 - $36.00/hour|
|HR Analyst||Christina Lohr-Beatty|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Provide programmatic and administrative direction for MPT K-12 educational services supporting content development and media education.
- Collaborate with the MPT education team to produce engaging K-12 digital learning resources and instructional content for students and teachers.
- Guide the development of K-12 activities for students and teachers with an emphasis on media literacy, focused on leveraging resources to support educator training and building instructional skills to support youth voice and media making programs.
- Collaborate with the MPT education team to enhance online, virtual and face-to-face professional development offerings with an emphasis on supporting Maryland educators in their use of instructional technology and digital learning resources offered through MPT’s education service Thinkport and national public media provider PBS Learning Media.
Support metadata development for education content management systems.
- Foster strategic partnerships with education focused organizations, nonprofit programs and schools, to collaborate on programs serving K-12 educators, students and parents.
- Assist in the identification of grant opportunities and development of proposals.
Education: A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Four (4) years of experience in an education related field.
Candidates may substitute the possession of a Master's degree in an education related field from an accredited college or university for two years of the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education or a related field of study and/or Teaching Certification from an accredited program
- Background in teaching and/or curriculum design with practical experience using a variety of educational technologies
- Knowledge of best practices in the development and/or use of educational media including alignment to learning standards
- Knowledge of digital and media literacy fundamentals
- Comfortable working collaboratively in virtual environments
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Passionate about supporting teachers and students
- Excellent communication skills—verbal, written and presentation
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must be provided prior to hire.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
Applicants must meet all minimum (and selective) qualifications to be considered, and to appear on the list of people eligible for hire. Please read all requirements before applying.
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program, have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
Leave may be granted to a contractual employee who has worked 120 days in a 12 month period. This leave accrues at a rate of one hour for every 30 hours worked, not to exceed 40 hours per calendar year.
The online applications are recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application (and supplemental questionnaire) may be submitted to Maryland Public Television – HR, 11767 Owings Mills Blvd., Owings Mills, MD 21117. Paper application materials must be received by the closing date for the recruitment. No postmarks will be accepted.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If you are unable to upload, please fax the requested information to 410-581-4382. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or .
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.||Apply Online|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|