Chief Financial Officer
|Department||MPT - Executive Direction and Control|
|Date Opened||11/13/2023 10:36:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||11/27/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|HR Analyst||Christina Lohr-Beatty|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Providing strategic management of the accounting and finance functions.
- Directing accounting policies, procedures and internal controls.
- Recommending improvements to ensure the integrity of a company’s financial information.
- Manage cash flow from multiple funding sources including fundraising, underwriting, online class fees, grants and other miscellaneous sources.
- Collaborate with departments to develop forecasts and budgets. Present forecast and annual budget to Senior Management and MPT Commission. Make recommendations regarding fiscal health as needed.
- Complete year-end closeout for submission to Maryland General Accounting Division.
- Complete yearly budget submission to Maryland Department of Budget Management and Maryland General Assembly.
- Manage annual external audit and completion of grant request to Corporation for Public Broadcasting.
- MPT Staff representative to the Board of Maryland Public Television Foundation, Inc (MPTF).
- Supervise MPTF’s staff Accountant.
- Manage Procurement Department
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
- Masters of Business Administration (MBA)
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Experience with Financial Management Information Systems (FMIS) or other finance management/finance system.
- Experience with state finance and accounting procedures and procurement regulations.