MHCC PROGRAM MANAGER
|MDH Maryland Health Care Commission
|11/29/2023 12:50:00 PM
|12/20/2023 11:59:00 PM
|$77,626.00 - $134,348.00/year
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Authoring, editing, and modifying Center documents, such as policy/legislative reports, memos, procedure guides/manuals, regulations, in-person and webinar presentations, and information/issue briefs.
- Conducting research and analyses of multiple special projects in support of stakeholder requests (including, but not limited to, payers, providers, consumers, State agencies, and the Maryland legislature).
- Designing, implementing, and monitoring policies and programs with attention to detail and deadlines.
- Providing technical assistance, which may include participation on one or more stakeholder workgroups.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with various stakeholder organizations.
- Reviewing policy reports, federal and State laws, industry publications, and other related information on health information technology.
- Planning and participating in virtual or in-person events convened by the Center or other organizations locally or nationally, which may include developing content and delivering stakeholder presentations.
- Managing regulatory programs and monitoring regulatory compliance.
- Assisting with development of procurement requests, evaluating proposals, and monitoring contracts.
- Assisting in the development of policies and drafting regulations.
- Creating and maintaining databases, conducting quantitative or qualitative analyses, evaluating the impact of policies and regulations (proposed or existing), and writing and editing documents to be clear, concise, and diplomatic to target audiences.
The position requires the individual to have a strong interest in analysis and policy aimed at maximizing value in health care delivery through the use of health information technology. The ideal candidate must have the following skills, knowledge, and abilities:
- The ability to work both independently and as a member of a multidisciplinary team in a fast-paced, results oriented environment.
- Self-motivated and self-starter with the ability to create structure within ambiguity.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and the proven ability to distill complex information into impactful messages to a variety of audiences with attention to detail and accuracy.
- The ability to analyze datasets and write comprehensive reports.
- Strong project management, analytical, and prioritization skills to meet hard deadlines.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and statistical software, SAS preferred.
This is a Management Service position, and serves at the pleasure of the Appointing Authority. A cover letter and resume must accompany your application. The cover letter and resume should be uploaded, in one file, under the resume section of the application.
Applicants who meet the minimum (and selective) qualifications will be included in further evaluation. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. Clearly indicate your college degree and major on your application, if applicable. For education obtained outside the U.S., any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing an evaluation for equivalency by a foreign credential evaluation service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview).
Complete applications must be submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be added.
Incorrect application forms will not be accepted. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
Candidates may remain on the certified eligible list for a period of at least one year. The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application (and supplemental questionnaire) may be submitted to MDH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If you are unable to upload, please fax the requested information to 410-333-5689. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the MDH Recruitment and Selection Division at 410-767-1251.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.