FUNCTIONAL APPLICATIONS ANALYST-SENIOR
|Requesting Department||FIRE - SUPPORT SERVICES BUREAU|
|Open Date||4/23/2021 11:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||5/14/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|HR Analyst||Marti Cargile|
Located on the western shore of Lake Michigan, Milwaukee is an urban hub bursting with energy. Milwaukee provides a casual sophistication – big city appeal without the big city hassles. We are accessible and affordable, and our residents are welcoming. Milwaukee has evolved through the years, bringing together its unsurpassed old world charm with a breathtaking Art Museum, top-flight arts and cultural attractions, professional sports, lakefront festivals, recreational opportunities, and great restaurants.
The City of Milwaukee is proud to employ a diverse workforce that is committed to providing exemplary service to the City’s residents. If you have a passion for being a part of an inclusive team of public servants, please consider the following opportunity.
The Functional Applications Analyst-Senior works with internal and external stakeholders to analyze needs and requirements for the development, implementation, testing, documentation, and maintenance of computer-based applications and databases for the Milwaukee Fire Department (MFD).
Systems Analysis and Maintenance
- Perform detailed analysis and design of new and existing technology systems. Use the MFD’s work order system for all documentable tasks, reviewing project requests to ascertain exact user requirements. Design, write, test, document, and implement computer software in accordance with the division’s project management methodology and quality assurance standards.
- Monitor and maintain data integrity in various database applications that use Structured Query Language (SQL), including Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, and MySQL.
- Assist with application system upgrades including planning, testing, and implementation of vendor and departmental changes. Work to improve functionality of applications to meet department needs.
- Conduct ongoing product analysis.
Reporting and End-User Support
- Work with geographic information system (GIS) software such as Esri ArcMap to maintain CAD applications and to generate ad hoc reports.
- Generate statistics and write customized reports for management and/or team members.
- Support in-house programming for Technical Services personnel.
- Meet with end-user/department personnel to assist with decision-making, problem-resolution, and training.
Documentation and Professional Development
- Develop documentation for all projects.
- Keep apprised of current and emerging hardware and software technologies; maintain familiarity with existing application and programming languages.
We welcome qualified individuals with disabilities who are interested in employment and will make reasonable accommodations during the hiring process in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990, as amended by the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA) of 2008.
Conditions of Employment
*** The Functional Applications Analyst-Senior is considered essential staff during the current public health emergency. ***
The Functional Applications Analyst-Senior must be willing and able to do the following:
Be available beyond standard business hours on occasion to meet project deadlines and be subject to recall for emergencies.
Monitor phone and email communications during regularly-scheduled off hours.
Travel off-site periodically for the purpose of attending meetings or installing software.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information management, business administration, or a closely-related field from an accredited college or university.
Three years of professional experience performing systems analysis.
Valid Wisconsin Driver's License at the time of appointment and throughout employment.
Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered.
NOTE: College transcripts are required, which must be received by the application period closing date. Transcripts should be attached to the online application. Applications without transcripts attached may be considered incomplete and may be rejected. Unofficial copies are acceptable; however, the transcripts must be legible and include the school name, applicant name, degree completed (if applicable), and date completed.
- Microsoft SQL Server and/or Oracle database administration experience.
- Experience with Esri ArcMap.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Other Characteristics
- Ability to perform database administration using relational database management systems such as Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL, and MySQL.
- Knowledge of coding methods and best practices.
- Knowledge of mathematics and statistics.
- Ability to develop and run information technology (IT) reports.
- Knowledge of platforms such as computer aided dispatch and records management systems.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Skill in identifying, troubleshooting, and resolving hardware and software problems.
- Skill in conducting research into software-related issues and products and developing test cases and test plans.
- Commitment to remaining current with the latest developments in technology so as to be able to recommend technical changes to department infrastructure.
Communication and Interpersonal
- Ability to read and interpret technical, job-related documents.
- Written communication skills to be able to produce clear and concise documentation, reports, and correspondence.
- Oral communication skills to be able to convey technical information to non-technical end-users.
- Active listening skills to be able to accurately ascertain customer needs.
- Customer service skills to be able to be responsive to stakeholders.
- Ability to conduct applications training for inter-disciplinary teams.
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team-oriented, collaborative environment with people whose backgrounds may differ from one’s own.
Critical Thinking and Planning
- Analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills as well as sound judgment.
- Organizational and planning skills to be able to effectively prioritize and accomplish tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Self-directed and detail-oriented.
- Honesty and the ability to safeguard all departmental equipment.
The current salary range (Pay Range 2JX) is $62,338-$87,270 annually, and the resident incentive salary range for City of Milwaukee residents is $64,209-$89,888. Appointment above the minimum is possible based upon level of experience and other qualifications and is subject to approval.
The City of Milwaukee provides a comprehensive benefit program that includes the following:
Defined Benefit Pension Plan
457 Deferred Compensation Plan
Health and Dental Insurance
Comprehensive Wellness Program
Onsite Clinic Services
Onsite Employee Assistance Program
Alternative Work Schedules
Long Term Disability Insurance
Group Life Insurance
11 Paid Holidays
Paid Sick Leave and other paid leaves
Flexible Spending Arrangement
Commuter Value Pass
For full details of the benefits offered by the City of Milwaukee, please visit http://city.milwaukee.gov/Benefits.
THE SELECTION PROCESS will be job related and will consist of one or more of the following: education and experience evaluation; written, oral, or performance tests, or other assessment methods. The Department of Employee Relations reserves the right to call only the most qualified candidates to oral and performance examinations. Oral examinations may include written exercises. Candidates must undergo and pass a background investigation prior to appointment.
INITIAL FILING DATE - The examination will be held as soon as practical after Friday, May 14, 2021. Receipt of applications may be discontinued at any time after this date without prior notice. However, recruitment may continue until the needs of the City have been met. Qualified applicants will be notified of the date, time, and place of the examination. Unless otherwise required by law, the City of Milwaukee will not provide alternative test administration. The applicant is responsible for attending all phases of the job selection process at the time and place designated by the City of Milwaukee.
- APPLICATIONS and further information can be accessed by visiting www.jobapscloud.com/MIL.
- If you would like assistance completing an application, please contact the Department of Employee Relations at (414) 286-3751 or email@example.com.
- The Department of Employee Relations is located in City Hall, 200 E Wells St, Room 706, Milwaukee, WI 53202.
The City of Milwaukee values and encourages diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
Click on the link below to apply:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|