|Requesting Department||DPW - WATER DEPARTMENT|
|Open Date||6/12/2018 12:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||7/10/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|HR Analyst||Emily Keeley|
- Create reports and files for managers and users of the MWW (Milwaukee Water Works) enQuesta CIS (Customer Information System) system using IBM Cognos Analytics software; some of these programs may be written in SQL.
- Analyze and define the user requirements and use enQuesta data dictionary to design, code, integrate, test, document, and maintain required programs.
- Perform Unix/Linux scripting to assist technical services staff in the setup and maintenance of new AIX Unix or Linux servers to be used for the new/upgraded enQuesta CIS system.
- Use Crystal Reports to create FMIS (Financial Management Information System) reports and analyses.
- Create reports for open records requests and city auditors.
- Perform Windows scripting to assist technical services staff in the maintenance of Windows servers and policies.
- Perform quality assurance of program logic, data processing, and error resolution.
- Provide application and related system training to IT and MWW personnel.
- Assist with application system upgrades including planning, testing, and implementing vendor and departmental changes.
- Assist in defining software development project plans including scoping, scheduling, and implementation.
Reasonable accommodations requested by qualified individuals with disabilities will be made in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990, as amended by the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA) of 2008.
Conditions of Employment
- Must be able to respond to emergency call outs for assistance after normal business hours.
- Must be able to work for extended hours as needed to respond to emergencies.
- Must be able to travel from one MWW location to another in variable weather conditions.
- Bachelor’s degree in information management, computer science or a closely related field.
- Two years of professional programming or systems analysis experience.
- Valid Wisconsin driver’s license at time of appointment and throughout employment.
Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered.
IMPORTANT NOTE: To receive credit for college, transcripts are required and must be received by the application period closing date. College transcripts should be attached to your online application. Applications without transcripts attached will be considered incomplete and will be rejected. Your transcript must be legible and include the following information: the university or college name, your name, the degree completed (if applicable) and the date the degree was completed. Student copies are acceptable.
- Experience with Cognos and Oracle database technologies.
Knowledges, Skills, Abilities & Other Characteristics
- Knowledge of programming languages including C, C++, C#, SQL and Visual Basic.
- Knowledge of Windows PowerShell and Unix scripting and the ability to write scripts.
- Knowledge of report writing using software such as Crystal Reports and the ability to write code to produce reports.
- Interpersonal skills to interact with and work cohesively with other staff, department heads, officials and outside agencies and vendors.
- Written communication skills and documentation skills to write general correspondence, and detailed reports, specifications and procedures that can be used to create programs and interfaces.
- Verbal communication skills to train and present technical information to users in a constructive and effective manner.
- Ability to learn and use different programming languages to create programming solutions to solve problems.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines to deliver reports while working either independently or as part of a team.
- Ability to take initiative to solve complex problems with minimal supervision, and be able to recognize when a problem must be addressed at a higher level.
- Ability to create detailed plans for testing and implementation that others can understand and use effectively.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and when responding to emergency situations. Ability to maintain confidentiality and have high ethical standards.
THE SELECTION PROCESS will be job related and will consist of one or more of the following: education and experience evaluation; written, oral, or performance tests, or other assessment methods. The Department of Employee Relations reserves the right to call only the most qualified candidates to oral and performance examinations. Oral examinations may include written exercises. Selection process component weights will be determined by further analysis of the job.
INITIAL FILING DATE - The examination will be held as soon as practical after July 3, 2018. Receipt of applications may be discontinued at any time after this date without prior notice. However, recruitment may continue until the needs of the City have been met. Qualified applicants will be notified of the date, time, and place of the examination. Unless otherwise required by law, the City of Milwaukee will not provide alternative test administration. The applicant is responsible for attending all phases of the job selection process at the time and place designated by the City of Milwaukee.
APPLICATIONS and further information may be accessed by visiting www.jobaps.com/MIL.
- Applications and transcripts should be submitted no later than the deadline listed above.
- If you would like assistance completing an application, please contact the Department of Employee Relations at (414) 286-3751 or email@example.com.
- The Department of Employee Relations is located in City Hall, 200 E Wells St, Room 706, Milwaukee, WI 53202.
The City of Milwaukee provides a comprehensive benefit program which includes:
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan
- 457 Deferred Compensation Plan
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Comprehensive Wellness Program
- Onsite Clinic Services
- Onsite Employee Assistance Program
- Alternative Work Schedules
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Group Life Insurance
- Tuition Benefits
- Paid Vacation
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Leave and other paid leaves
- Flexible Spending Arrangement
- Commuter Value Pass
For full details of the benefits offered by the City of Milwaukee, please visit http://city.milwaukee.gov/Benefits2018.
EEO = 203
“The City of Milwaukee values and encourages diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.”