|Requesting Department||DEPT OF CITY DEVELOPMENT|
|Open Date||6/7/2018 2:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||6/28/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|HR Analyst||Deidre Steward|
** THIS POSITION IS OPEN TO CURRENT CITY OF MILWAUKEE EMPLOYEES ONLY**
- Meet all reporting and audit deadlines for NIDC’s involvement with DCD.
- Maintain comprehensive knowledge of all NIDC accounts and projects.
- Provide interim financial reports to the Board and management.
- Perform NIDC-related banking activities such as reviewing funds transfers, reconciling NIDC accounts and revaluation of inventory.
- Calculate NIDC program income.
- Assist in the preparation of Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) and Home Investment Partnership Program (HOME) budgets and amendments.
- Prepare 1099 Miscellaneous Income forms.
- Maintain grant fund availability, client balances and CDBG and HOME compliance data.
- Assist in managing loan portfolios and calculation of loan loss reserves.
- Lead year end closing of NIDC accounting for all activities including preparation of financial data.
- Work with internal and external auditors to ensure an efficient audit.
- Maintain MS Access database and Loan Ledger software.
- Prepare journal entries and review ledgers.
Reasonable accommodations requested by qualified individuals with disabilities will be made in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990, as amended by the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA) of 2008.
- Regular status as City of Milwaukee employee, having successfully completed a probationary period for a civil service position.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, business administration or a closely related field from an accredited college or university.
Equivalent combinations of education, training and experience may also be considered.
3. Two years of accounting or financial analysis experience.
IMPORTANT NOTE: To receive credit for college, transcripts are required and must be received by the application period closing date. College transcripts should be attached to your online application. Applications without transcripts attached will be considered incomplete and will be rejected.
- Experience in governmental accounting.
- Experience using PeopleSoft FMIS, 4Gov Accounting System and QuickBooks Software.
Knowledges, Skills, Abilities & Other Characteristics
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices.
- Analytical skills to apply logical thinking to gather and analyze information and solve complex financial situations.
- Attention to detail to ensure the accuracy of calculations and financial reports.
- Ability to create financial reports.
- Ability to reconcile accounts.
- Interpersonal skills and customer service skills to work with diverse individuals inside and outside the organization.
- Ability to read, interpret and apply complex rules and regulations.
- Written communication skills to prepare clear and concise business correspondence and reports.
- Ability to use standard computer software and programs such as word processing, spreadsheet, Access and FMIS.
- Ability to use office equipment, including telephones, computers, copiers and fax machines.
- Ability to exhibit exemplary professionalism.
THE SELECTION PROCESS will be job related and will consist of one or more of the following: an evaluation of related education, experience and accomplishments, written tests, interview, or other assessment methods. The Department of Employee Relations and Department of City Development reserve the right to call only the most qualified candidates to oral, performance tests or personal interviews. Information from the selection process will be used to make a hiring decision. Selected candidates will be transferred and/or promoted to the position.
Note: Transfer/Promotional Opportunities and Promotional Examinations are not open to Milwaukee Public Schools employees or to the public. Only current City of Milwaukee employees and civilian personnel in MFD and MPD hired through a City Service Commission process who have successfully passed a probationary period for a Civil Service position will be considered. Individuals with exempt, provisional, temporary, or emergency appointments are not eligible for transfer.
APPLICATIONS and further information can be accessed by visiting www.jobaps.com/MIL.
- Applications and transcripts should be submitted no later than the deadline listed above.
- If you would like assistance completing an application, please contact the Department of Employee Relations at (414) 286-3751 or email@example.com.
- The Department of Employee Relations is located in City Hall, 200 E Wells St, Room 706, Milwaukee, WI 53202.
The City of Milwaukee values and encourages diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|