|Requesting Department||DEPT OF CITY DEVELOPMENT|
|Open Date||7/5/2018 4:15:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||7/26/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|HR Analyst||Deidre Steward|
Located on the western shore of Lake Michigan, Milwaukee is an urban hub bursting with energy. Milwaukee provides a casual sophistication – big city appeal without the big city hassles. We are accessible and affordable, and our residents are welcoming. Milwaukee has evolved through the years, bringing together its unsurpassed old world charm with a breathtaking Art Museum, top-flight arts and cultural attractions, professional sports, lakefront festivals, recreational opportunities, and great restaurants.
- Meets all reporting and audit deadlines for NIDC’s involvement with DCD.
- Maintains comprehensive knowledge of all NIDC accounts and projects.
- Provides interim financial reports to the Board and management.
- Performs NIDC-related banking activities such as reviewing funds transfers, reconciling NIDC accounts and revaluating inventory.
- Calculates NIDC program income. Assists in the preparation of Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) and Home Investment Partnership Program (HOME) budgets and amendments.
- Prepares 1099 Miscellaneous Income forms. Maintains grant fund availability, client balances and CDBG and HOME compliance data.
- Assists in managing loan portfolios and calculating loan loss reserves.
- Leads year end closing of NIDC accounting for all activities, including preparation of financial data.
- Works with internal and external auditors to ensure an efficient audit.
- Maintains MS Access database and Loan Ledger software.
- Prepares journal entries and review ledgers.
Reasonable accommodations requested by qualified individuals with disabilities will be made in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990, as amended by the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA) of 2008.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, business administration or a closely related field from an accredited college or university.
- Two years of accounting or financial analysis experience.
Equivalent combinations of education and experience may also be considered.
IMPORTANT NOTE: College transcripts are required and must be received by the application period closing date. Transcripts should be attached to your online application. Applications without transcripts attached will be considered incomplete and will be rejected. Student/unofficial copies are acceptable; however, your transcript must be legible and include your college/university name, your name, the degree completed (if applicable) and the date completed.
- Experience in governmental accounting.
- Experience using PeopleSoft FMIS, 4Gov Accounting System and QuickBooks Software.
Knowledges, Skills, Abilities & Other Characteristics
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices.
- Analytical skills to apply logical thinking to gather and analyze information and solve complex financial situations.
- Knowledge of mathematics and the ability to make accurate calculations.
- Attention to detail to ensure the accuracy of calculations and financial reports.
- Ability to create financial reports.
- Ability to reconcile accounts.
- Interpersonal skills and customer service skills to work with diverse individuals inside and outside the organization.
- Ability to work cooperatively and fairly with coworkers and patrons whose backgrounds may differ from one’s own.
- Ability to read, interpret and apply complex rules and regulations.
- Written communication skills to prepare clear and concise business correspondence and reports.
- Ability to use standard computer software and programs such as word processing, spreadsheet, Access and FMIS.
- Ability to use office equipment, including telephones, computers, copiers and fax machines.
- Ability to exhibit exemplary professionalism.
The current salary range (Pay Range 2DN) for City of Milwaukee residents is $47,095 - $59,498 annually, and the non-resident salary range is $45,939 - $58,038. Appointment will be made in accordance with the provisions of the salary ordinance.
The City of Milwaukee provides a comprehensive benefit program that includes the following:
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan
- 457 Deferred Compensation Plan
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Comprehensive Wellness Program
- Onsite Clinic Services
- Onsite Employee Assistance Program
- Alternative Work Schedules
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Group Life Insurance
- Tuition Benefits
- Paid Vacation
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Leave and other paid leaves
- Flexible Spending Arrangement
- Commuter Value Pass
For full details of the benefits offered by the City of Milwaukee, please visit http://city.milwaukee.gov/Benefits2018.
THE SELECTION PROCESS will be job related and will consist of one or more of the following: education and experience evaluation; written, oral, or performance tests; or other assessment methods. The Department of Employee Relations reserves the right to call only the most qualified candidates to oral and performance examinations. Oral examinations may include written exercises. Selection process component weights will be determined by further analysis of the job.
INITIAL FILING DATE - The examination will be held as soon as practical after Thursday, July 26, 2018. Receipt of applications may be discontinued at any time after this date without prior notice. However, recruitment may continue until the needs of the City have been met. Qualified applicants will be notified of the date, time, and place of the examination. Unless otherwise required by law, the City of Milwaukee will not provide alternative test administration. The applicant is responsible for attending all phases of the job selection process at the time and place designated by the City of Milwaukee.
- APPLICATIONS and further information may be accessed by visiting, www.jobaps.com/MIL.
- If you would like assistance completing an application, please contact the Department of Employee Relations at (414) 286-3751 or email@example.com.
- The Department of Employee Relations is located at City Hall, 200 E. Wells St., Room 706, Milwaukee, WI 53202
The City of Milwaukee values and encourages diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|