BENEFITS AND WELLNESS COORDINATOR
|Requesting Department||DEPT OF EMPLOYEE RELATIONS|
|Open Date||11/29/2018 3:30:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||12/20/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|HR Analyst||Deidre Steward|
Located on the western shore of Lake Michigan, Milwaukee is an urban hub bursting with energy. Milwaukee provides a casual sophistication – big city appeal without the big city hassles. We are accessible and affordable, and our residents are welcoming. Milwaukee has evolved through the years, bringing together its unsurpassed old world charm with a breathtaking Art Museum, top-flight arts and cultural attractions, professional sports, lakefront festivals, recreational opportunities, and great restaurants.
Recognized by the Wellness Council of America (WELCOA) as a national Well Workplace, the City of Milwaukee is committed to protecting and enhancing the health and well-being of our most valuable asset, our employees.
The Benefits and Wellness Coordinator helps coordinate and administer all aspects of the City’s benefits programs (including but not limited to health and dental insurance, comprehensive wellness program, onsite clinics, onsite nurse liaison, flexible spending and health reimbursement arrangements, long term disability insurance, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, commute value pass and other voluntary benefits) with a special focus on healthcare and wellness. By analyzing the City's health, wellness and safety data trends this position helps to develop strategies with the Benefits Director and benefits/wellness team to effectively manage those programs and encourage employee participation and engagement. This position participates in annual benefit plan design review and implementation, strategic planning, communication and marketing (including the effective use of social media) of the City's comprehensive benefits and wellness programs.
- Work with the Benefits Director and vendor partners to develop, coordinate and manage healthcare and wellness programming and strategically expand the program based on participant needs.
- Assist with the development and implementation of a total worker health model to reduce injury and health risks, medical costs and encourage healthy lifestyles.
- Assist in the marketing, communication and social media promotion of the City’s benefit programs (especially healthcare and wellness) including participant knowledge and understanding of program and plan options, policy features, enrollment and other requirements.
- Identify and work with additional community partners to supplement the City’s wellness program offerings.
- Work with the Benefits Director to provide analysis and recommendations on financial impacts relating to various benefit programs and accounts.
- Evaluate and compare existing City benefits with those of other comparable employers and local municipalities by analyzing plan options, survey reports and other sources of information.
- Plan, develop and participate in area and industry benefit and wellness surveys.
- Responsible for gathering, tracking and analyzing data and information for various benefit programs to measure the success of program initiatives, return on investment and inform program/policy decisions.
- Prepare reports, written communication and other documents as necessary for numerous benefit programs. Serve as primary responder for wellness program inquiries, questions and issues.
- Stay current on changing Federal and State regulations and legislation that pertain to governmental agencies and affect employee benefits like healthcare and wellness.
- Assist with the Request for Proposal process for numerous benefit programs including proposal drafting, evaluation, vendor selection and program implementation.
- Assists with policy drafting and development pertaining to benefit programs along with annual review and updates of legal notices
- Serve as backup for critical benefit staff functions including support during the City’s open enrollment period, providing benefit 101 presentations and answering the benefits line.
- Work closely with the City’s Wellness Champions and Wellness Program provider to facilitate participant knowledge and understanding of the City’s comprehensive wellness program as well as increase engagement and participation.
Reasonable accommodations requested by qualified individuals with disabilities will be made in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990, as amended by the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA) of 2008.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources management, public administration, or a closely related field from an accredited college or university.
- Three years of progressively responsible experience in benefit program administration and plan design, including comprehensive wellness program development.
Equivalent combinations of education and experience may also be considered.
IMPORTANT NOTE: College transcripts are required and must be received by the application period closing date. Transcripts should be attached to your online application. Applications without transcripts attached will be considered incomplete and will be rejected. Student/unofficial copies are acceptable; however, your transcript must be legible and include your college/university name, your name, the degree completed (if applicable) and the date completed.
- Previous experience with a large employer or the public sector.
- Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS) designation.
- WELCOA Certified or similar certification.
Knowledges, Skills, Abilities & Other Characteristics
- Knowledge of various employee benefit programs, plan design variations and administration.
- Knowledge of survey methodology and questionnaire development as well as strategies to encourage and ensure high response rates.
- Knowledge of statistical analysis methods to interpret and measure data trends from utilization reports and surveys and report findings.
- Ability to track, measure and evaluate various benefit and wellness program components.
- Oral communication skills to present benefit and wellness program information and other reports/data in an effective, clear and concise manner.
- Written communication skills to develop marketing and communication materials, informational program materials, summary reports and presentation materials.
- Strong knowledge and experience using Microsoft Word, Excel (pivot tables, vlookup, formulas, etc.) and PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat and/or InDesign and other creative software to develop program materials, marketing pieces, presentations and reports.
- Ability to implement benefit and wellness communication and marketing campaigns incorporating social media strategies and interactive learning components like Brainshark or informational video clips.
- Knowledge and experience using human resource and benefits administration systems.
- Knowledge and experience with ACA reporting requirements for healthcare.
- Knowledge of HIPPA compliance and ensuring that appropriate policies, procedures, and training programs are in place.
- Knowledge of creating, scheduling, promoting and hosting webinars.
- Ability to assist with financial and budget projections as needed.
- Ability to assist with formulation of policies and benefit plans and implement decisions pertaining to both.
- Ability to work independently and initiate and complete projects with limited supervision.
- Ability to work cooperatively with team members, departments, vendor partners and City officials.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple projects in a fast paced environment and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to handle confidential employee information with discretion and good judgment in compliance with HIPAA standards.
The current salary range (Pay Range 2HX) for City of Milwaukee resident is $54,865-$76,806 and for non-residents is $53,519-$74,922. Appointment above the minimum is possible based upon level of experience and other qualifications and is subject to approval.
The City of Milwaukee provides a comprehensive benefit program that includes the following:
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan
- 457 Deferred Compensation Plan
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Comprehensive Wellness Program
- Onsite Clinic Services Onsite
- Employee Assistance Program
- Alternative Work Schedules
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Group Life Insurance
- Tuition Benefits
- Paid Vacation
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Leave and other paid leaves
- Flexible Spending Arrangement
- Commuter Value Pass
For full details of the benefits offered by the City of Milwaukee, please visit http://city.milwaukee.gov/Benefits2018.
THE SELECTION PROCESS will be job related and will consist of one or more of the following: education and experience evaluation; written, oral, or performance tests, or other assessment methods. The Department of Employee Relations reserves the right to call only the most qualified candidates to oral and performance examinations. Oral examinations may include written exercises. Selection process component weights will be determined by further analysis of the job.
INITIAL FILING DATE - The examination will be held as soon as practical after Thursday, December 20, 2018. Receipt of applications may be discontinued at any time after this date without prior notice. However, recruitment may continue until the needs of the City have been met. Qualified applicants will be notified of the date, time, and place of the examination. Unless otherwise required by law, the City of Milwaukee will not provide alternative test administration. The applicant is responsible for attending all phases of the job selection process at the time and place designated by the City of Milwaukee.
- APPLICATIONS and further information may be accessed by visiting, www.jobaps.com/MIL.
- If you would like assistance completing an application, please contact the Department of Employee Relations at (414) 286-3751 or email@example.com.
- The Department of Employee Relations is located at City Hall, 200 E. Wells St., Room 706, Milwaukee, WI 53202
The City of Milwaukee values and encourages diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|