|Requesting Department||EMPLOYES' RETIREMENT SYSTEM|
|Open Date||1/14/2019 2:45:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||2/11/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|HR Analyst||Deidre Steward|
Located on the western shore of Lake Michigan, Milwaukee is an urban hub bursting with energy. Milwaukee provides a casual sophistication – big city appeal without the big city hassles. We are accessible and affordable, and our residents are welcoming. Milwaukee has evolved through the years, bringing together its unsurpassed old world charm with a breathtaking Art Museum, top-flight arts and cultural attractions, professional sports, lakefront festivals, recreational opportunities, and great restaurants.
- Perform all network related firmware upgrades and maintenance; provide end user support, disaster recovery, Windows Server and VmWare Environments to support and enhance the Employes’ Retirement System (ERS) Pension System.
- Support and maintain Voice Over Internet Protocol (VOIP) remote office.
- Perform maintenance and support on all Cisco networking hardware (routers, switches and firewalls (ASAs).
- Design and support (VOIP) solutions using Cisco technologies for the ERS remote office.
- Update and review all network documentation, including diagrams and metrics reporting on a monthly, quarterly, and/or yearly basis.
- Perform upgrades and lifecycle management (implementation, rotation and decommissioning of Cisco devices).
- Assist the Chief Technology Officer (CTO) with recommendations for improvement to security and architectural designs and updates.
- Ensure the ERS is following best practices for configuration of associated hardware.
- Perform patch/security and firmware updates for networking hardware.
- Monitor and troubleshoot local area network (LAN)/ wide area network (WAN) components and provide technical support for the ERS network.
- Monitor, improve and maintain the ERS disaster recovery environments; ensure proper security protocols and guidelines and protect the network from vulnerabilities.
- Assist the IT support team as needed with monitoring and supporting replications virtual machine server (VM server) and storage area network (SAN) to SAN backups.
- Use project management tools and techniques to implement new initiatives; reports on project status and perform cost/benefit analysis of proposed IT projects.
- Support VmWare hosts, virtual servers and Vcenter console during down times.
- Perform asset management and IT inventory tracking of network devices.
- Support and provide the technical networking expertise necessary to execute the IT strategic plan and make recommendations and/or develop solutions to meet the goals and objectives set forth by senior management and the CTO.
Reasonable accommodations requested by qualified individuals with disabilities will be made in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990, as amended by the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA) of 2008.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, computer science, management information systems or a closely related field from an accredited college or university.
- Three years of experience architecting or supporting various Cisco hardware components (firewalls, routers and switches) and Cisco VOIP installations and/or environments.
Equivalent combinations of education and experience may also be considered.
IMPORTANT NOTE: College transcripts are required and must be received by the application period closing date. Transcripts should be attached to your online application. Applications without transcripts attached will be considered incomplete and will be rejected. Student/unofficial copies are acceptable; however, your transcript must be legible and include your college/university name, your name, the degree completed (if applicable) and the date completed.
- Cisco, Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), Network+, VmWare, Microsoft or other job-related certifications.
Knowledges, Skills, Abilities & Other Characteristics
- Ability to architect and support Cisco hardware components and Cisco Voice Over IP installations and/or environments.
- Knowledge of necessary network hardware and software maintenance methods.
- Knowledge of disaster recovery approaches and protocols.
- Knowledge of VOIP and/or networking solutions that involve the integration of voice and data systems.
- Knowledge of backup/recovery activities.
- Knowledge of patch management procedures.
- Ability to read and interpret procedure manuals, technical diagrams, and flow charts.
- Ability to create and support High availability environments through the use of sound infrastructure practices and techniques.
- Ability to organize workload, materials and schedule to ensure effective project coordination and product inventory.
- Ability to analyze and solve complex problems with minimal direct supervision.
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively with ERS management, staff, support personnel, outside vendors and consultants.
- Familiarity with implementing VO IP/POS standards for data/voice integration where feasible.
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents and policies.
- Ability to clearly communicate technical information in an understandable way for both technical and non-technical staff.
- Written communication and documentation skills, including the ability to write reports, correspondence and technical documentation.
- Ability to be self-directed and work in a collaborative environment with people whose backgrounds may differ from one’s own.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of restricted information.
- Ability to exercise tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to remain professional at all times.
- Initiative, honesty and integrity.
The current salary range (Pay Range 2IX) for City of Milwaukee resident is $58,462- $81,844 annually, and the non-resident salary range is $57,028-$79,836. Appointment above the minimum is possible based upon level of experience and other qualifications and is subject to approval.
The City of Milwaukee provides a comprehensive benefit program that includes the following:
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan
- 457 Deferred Compensation Plan
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Comprehensive Wellness Program
- Onsite Clinic Services
- Onsite Employee Assistance Program
- Alternative Work Schedules
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Group Life Insurance
- Tuition Benefits
- Paid Vacation
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Leave and other paid leaves
- Flexible Spending Arrangement
- Commuter Value Pass
For full details of the benefits offered by the City of Milwaukee, please visit https://city.milwaukee.gov/DER/Benefits2019.
THE SELECTION PROCESS will be job related and will consist of one or more of the following: education and experience evaluation; written, oral, or performance tests, or other assessment methods. The Department of Employee Relations reserves the right to call only the most qualified candidates to oral and performance examinations. Oral examinations may include written exercises. Selection process component weights will be determined by further analysis of the job.
INITIAL FILING DATE - The examination will be held as soon as practical after Monday, February 4, 2019. Receipt of applications may be discontinued at any time after this date without prior notice. However, recruitment may continue until the needs of the City have been met. Qualified applicants will be notified of the date, time, and place of the examination. Unless otherwise required by law, the City of Milwaukee will not provide alternative test administration. The applicant is responsible for attending all phases of the job selection process at the time and place designated by the City of Milwaukee.
- APPLICATIONS and further information may be accessed by visiting, http://city.milwaukee.gov/jobs.
- If you would like assistance completing an application, please contact the Department of Employee Relations at (414) 286-3751 or email@example.com.
- The Department of Employee Relations is located at City Hall, 200 E. Wells St., Room 706, Milwaukee, WI 53202
The City of Milwaukee values and encourages diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.