NETWORK COORDINATOR ASSOCIATE
|Open Date||9/23/2020 2:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||10/14/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|HR Analyst||Jeff Harvey|
Note: The eligible list resulting from this examination may be used to fill similar City of Milwaukee positions.
What Milwaukee can offer YOU
Located on the western shore of Lake Michigan, Milwaukee is an urban hub bursting with energy. Milwaukee provides a casual sophistication – big city appeal without the big city hassles. We are accessible and affordable, and our residents are welcoming. Milwaukee has evolved through the years, bringing together its unsurpassed old world charm with a breathtaking Art Museum, top-flight arts and cultural attractions, professional sports, lakefront festivals, recreational opportunities, and great restaurants.
- Assist network clients in the management, administration, configuration, operation, and support of network operating systems, infrastructure, and servers; ensure availability and security of local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN), and Internet/Intranet services for authorized users.
- Identify, troubleshoot, and resolve problems with network systems and infrastructure, office automation systems, and related hardware.
- Serve as the primary contact to receive, log, track, and forward problem reports and enhancement requests.
- Assist with the documentation of Water Works networks, procedures, standards, and systems configuration.
- Maintain inventory and warranty records for network and computer equipment, software, and peripherals as needed.
- Schedule warranty repairs of network and computer equipment and peripherals as needed.
- Develop and test new systems and applications for client server applications.
Reasonable accommodations requested by qualified individuals with disabilities will be made in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990, as amended by the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA) of 2008.
Conditions of Employment
- The Network Coordinator Associate must be willing to respond to technical emergencies during non-standard hours or may at times work an altered work schedule.
- Ability to transport computer hardware and accessories weighing up to 35 lbs.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in information technology, computer science, mathematics or closely related field.
- Two years of experience providing technical support services to multi-user LAN based systems at server and client levels in a local area network environment or performing other duties related to this position.
- Valid driver’s license at time of appointment and throughout employment.
Equivalent combinations of education and experience may also be considered.
IMPORTANT NOTE: To receive credit for college, transcripts are required and must be received by the application period closing date. College transcripts should be attached to your online application. Applications without transcripts attached will be considered incomplete and will be rejected. Your transcript must be legible and include the following information: the university or college name, your name, the degree completed (if applicable) and the date the degree was completed. Student copies are acceptable.
- Experience developing and supporting applications in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE), Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP), or a related certification.
- Experience in Microsoft Active Directory Support and GPO administration.
- Experience with Microsoft Deployment Tools.
- Experience with SAN/Storage Administration.
- Experience with virtualized systems.
Knowledges, Skills, Abilities & Other Characteristics
- Knowledge of network operating systems (e.g. Microsoft Windows Server 2008 & 2012, Windows Server 2016, Linux).
- Knowledge of PC operating systems (e.g. Microsoft Windows 10).
- Knowledge of standard office applications, including spreadsheet, database management, and presentation programs.
- Knowledge of networking concepts, technologies, and practices, such as windows imaging deployment, antivirus strategies, corporate backup procedures, and TCP/IP protocol.
- Knowledge of Veeam Backup software. Knowledge of VMware vSphere software.
- Ability to research and resolve technical problems using the Internet.
- Written and oral communications skills, including the ability to write clear instructions and documentation.
- Interpersonal and customer service skills; ability to work cooperatively with the Milwaukee Water Works’ management staff, support personnel, outside vendors and consultants.
- Analytical and technical skills.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment.
- Ability to work independently and to self-motivated.
- Ability to solve complex problems.
- Initiative, honesty and integrity.
The current salary range (PG 2EX) is $48,670-$63,426 annually, and the resident incentive salary range for City of Milwaukee residents $50,130-$65,329. Appointment above the minimum is possible based upon level of experience and other qualifications and is subject to approval.
The City of Milwaukee provides a comprehensive benefit program that includes the following:
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan
- 457 Deferred Compensation Plan
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Comprehensive Wellness Program
- Onsite Clinic Services
- Onsite Employee Assistance Program
- Alternative Work Schedules
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Group Life Insurance
- Tuition Benefits
- Paid Vacation 11
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Leave and other paid leaves
- Flexible Spending Arrangement
- Commuter Value Pass
For full details of the benefits offered by the City of Milwaukee, please visit http://city.milwaukee.gov/Benefits
THE SELECTION PROCESS will be job related and will consist of one or more of the following: an evaluation of related education, experience and accomplishments, written tests, interview, or other assessment methods. The Department of Employee Relations reserves the right to call only the most qualified candidates to oral, performance tests or personal interviews. Information from the selection process will be used to make a hiring decision. Selected candidates will be transferred and/or promoted to the position.
INITIAL FILING DATE - The examination will be held as soon as practical after the deadline listed above. Receipt of applications may be discontinued at any time after this date without prior notice. However, recruitment may continue until the needs of the City have been met. Qualified applicants will be notified of the date, time, and place of the examination. Unless otherwise required by law, the City of Milwaukee will not provide alternative test administration. The applicant is responsible for attending all phases of the job selection process at the time and place designated by the City of Milwaukee.
APPLICATIONS and further information can be accessed by visiting www.jobaps.com/MIL.
- Applications and transcripts should be submitted no later than the deadline listed above.
- If you would like assistance completing an application, please contact the Department of Employee Relations at (414) 286-3751 or email@example.com.
- The Department of Employee Relations is located in City Hall, 200 E Wells St, Room 706, Milwaukee, WI 53202.
The City of Milwaukee values and encourages diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.