|Open Date||11/2/2020 2:45:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||12/7/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|HR Analyst||Jeff Harvey|
Located on the western shore of Lake Michigan, Milwaukee is an urban hub bursting with energy. Milwaukee provides a casual sophistication – big city appeal without the big city hassles. We are accessible and affordable, and our residents are welcoming. Milwaukee has evolved through the years, bringing together its unsurpassed old world charm with a breathtaking Art Museum, top-flight arts and cultural attractions, professional sports, lakefront festivals, recreational opportunities, and great restaurants.
The City of Milwaukee is proud to employ a diverse workforce that is committed to providing exemplary service to the City’s residents. If you have a passion for being a part of an inclusive team of public servants, please consider the following opportunity.
- Coordinate with City of Milwaukee Information Technology Management Division (ITMD) to administer and maintain the Water Works portion of the Enterprise ArcGIS Server environment.
- Write scripts or develop models to automate tasks, such as building datasets or publishing data; bring data into the GIS system using PYTHON scripting.
- Develop applications and services for the ArcGIS Server environment and ArcGIS online using GeoCortex and ESRI AppBuilder.
- Assist sections of the Water Works with the implementation of ArcGIS Online and ArcGIS Server applications and projects.
- Provide training to the Water Works employees on ArcGIS applications and related topics.
- Work closely with internal customers by troubleshooting issues, following up on proposed fixes, and keeping customers informed of progress updates and changes.
- Inform managers about time, activities, and status of projects; provide reports and presentations on ArcGIS topics and issues relevant to system updates and project progress.
- Develop applications and services for the ArcGIS Server environment and ArcGIS Server applications and projects.
- Maintain Map Milwaukee by troubleshooting problems; provide training and user support to City employees and residents in order to optimize efficiency and to meet users’ needs for related data and information.
We welcome qualified individuals with disabilities who are interested in employment and will make reasonable accommodations during the hiring process in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990, as amended by the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA) of 2008.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a closely related field, including coursework in programming, geography, land engineering, automated mapping, and/or GIS from an accredited college or university.
- Two years of professional-level experience working in a GIS developer role, including the use of ESRI, SQL Server, and PYTHON scripting.
Equivalent combinations of education and experience may also be considered.
IMPORTANT NOTE: College transcripts are required and must be received by the application period closing date. Transcripts should be attached to your online application or sent via email to email@example.com. Applications without transcripts attached will be considered incomplete and will be rejected. Student/unofficial copies are acceptable; however, your transcript must be legible and include your college/university name, your name, the degree completed (if applicable) and the date completed.
Knowledges, Skills, Abilities & Other Characteristics
- Knowledge of automated mapping/GIS principles and practices.
- Knowledge of GIS theory and application.
- Ability to write complex algorithms related to GIS.
- Ability to utilize ESRI to perform mapping and maintenance functions.
- Ability to use SQL server scripting. Ability to use PYTHON scripting.
- Familiarity with Oracle’s GIS functions.
- Ability to clearly communicate technical information in an understandable way for both technical and non-technical staff.
- Ability to work independently and in a team oriented, collaborative environment with coworkers and others whose backgrounds may differ from one’s own.
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents and policies.
- Ability to carry out assignments and meet varying project deadlines.
- Oral and written communication skills, including the ability to produce correspondence and reports.
- Ability to foster an environment of inclusion wherein all employees are treated respectfully, are valued for their strengths, and feel that they can safely express themselves.
- Ability to troubleshoot hardware and software issues to ensure consistent functionality.
- Initiative, honesty, and integrity.
The current salary range (2IX) is $58,462-$81,844, and the resident incentive salary range for City of Milwaukee residents is $60,216-$84,300. Appointment above the minimum is possible based upon level of experience and other qualifications and is subject to approval.
The City of Milwaukee provides a comprehensive benefit program that includes the following:
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan
- 457 Deferred Compensation Plan
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Comprehensive Wellness Program
- Onsite Clinic Services
- Onsite Employee Assistance Program
- Alternative Work Schedules
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Group Life Insurance
- Tuition Benefits
- Paid Vacation
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Leave and other paid leaves
- Flexible Spending Arrangement
- Commuter Value Pass
For full details of the benefits offered by the City of Milwaukee, please visit https://city.milwaukee.gov/der/benefits.
THE SELECTION PROCESS will be job related and will consist of one or more of the following: an evaluation of related education, experience and accomplishments, written tests, interview, or other assessment methods. The Department of Employee Relations reserves the right to call only the most qualified candidates to oral, performance tests or personal interviews. Information from the selection process will be used to make a hiring decision. Selected candidates will be transferred and/or promoted to the position.
INITIAL FILING DATE - The examination will be held as soon as practical after the deadline listed above. Receipt of applications may be discontinued at any time after this date without prior notice. However, recruitment may continue until the needs of the City have been met. Qualified applicants will be notified of the date, time, and place of the examination. Unless otherwise required by law, the City of Milwaukee will not provide alternative test administration. The applicant is responsible for attending all phases of the job selection process at the time and place designated by the City of Milwaukee.
APPLICATIONS and further information may be accessed by visiting www.jobaps.com/MIL.
- Applications and transcripts should be submitted no later than the deadline listed above.
- If you would like assistance completing an application, please contact the Department of Employee Relations at (414) 286-3751 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Department of Employee Relations is located in City Hall, 200 E Wells St, Room 706, Milwaukee, WI 53202.
The City of Milwaukee values and encourages diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|