HUMAN RESOURCES ASSISTANT
|Requesting Department||DEPT OF EMPLOYEE RELATIONS|
|Open Date||4/28/2022 11:30:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||5/20/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|HR Analyst||Aisha Hendree|
Under the direction of the Human Resources Manager, the Human Resources Assistant provides all administrative support for the staffing function in the Department of Employee Relations. In addition to ensuring selection processes run smoothly, exam materials are accurate and of production quality, exam and applicant materials are maintained efficiently and securely, and candidate communication is accurate and timely, the Human Resources Assistant initiates new work projects and improves processes on a constant basis.
- Prepare selection process materials, including redacting and copying application materials for rater or departmental review in addition to formatting, proofreading, and copying materials for all types of selection processes (e.g., written and performance examinations, reviews of supplemental questions, and structured interview panels).
- Communicate with and schedule candidates. Format and proofread structured interview panel materials and ensure secure transmission of the materials to the raters. Ensure that pre-interview paperwork is complete; administer written exercises prior to structured interviews. Provide technical support to candidates and raters during the online interviews. Ensure that the schedule runs on time and prepare testing materials for scoring. Retain copies of testing materials (electronic and physical) in a confidential location, ensuring testing security. Provide all day of exam support to raters, Human Resources Representatives, and candidates.
Test Administration/Candidate Communication
- Assist in test administration, test scoring, and the creation of eligible lists. Respond to inquiries from applicants, City employees, and hiring managers relative to the selection process. Assist with day-of administration of performance exams.
- Provide administrative support (e.g., formatting, proofreading, copying, and scheduling) for the Human Resources Manager and HR representatives.
- Assist with proofreading and posting job announcement bulletins in the City’s applicant tracking system; post job announcement bulletins to the City of Milwaukee website and send E-notify alerts. Print and update posted job announcement bulletins for the City Hall job board.
- Produce reports using the Human Capital Management (HCM) system; prepare documents and reports for presentation to customer departments.
- In accordance with the City’s records retention schedule, create and maintain filing systems (electronic and physical) for the Staffing Division, ensuring confidentiality of examination materials.
- Troubleshoot equipment problems; research and make recommendations for the acquisition of equipment for departmental use.
- Monitor office supply levels and assist with light technical support as needed.
- Proactively seek improvements to staffing processes.
Conditions of Employment
- Please be advised that new employees are required to have received either both doses of the Moderna or Pfizer or one dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine prior to their employment start date or have an approved religious or medical accommodation prior to their employment start date. You can find further information relative to the City’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy here.
- The Human Resources Assistant may be required to work evenings and weekends in order to perform duties related to test administration and recruitment.
- The Human Resources Assistant performs light work and must be able to move and lift up to 10 pounds occasionally.
1. Associate degree in human resources management, business management, or a related field from an accredited college or university.
2. Two years of experience providing programmatic support to a human resources function or comparable business function such as payroll, employee relations, benefits, or leave administration.
3. Valid driver’s license at time of appointment and throughout employment.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Other Characteristics
· Knowledge of customer service best practices and the ability to incorporate them into operations.
· Knowledge of administrative support methods, systems and terminology.
· Ability to efficiently utilize office equipment, such as telephones, computers and copiers.
· Ability to read and interpret personnel policies, the Milwaukee Code of Ordinances (including the Salary and Positions Ordinances), and Civil Service Rules.
· Ability to read, interpret, and write reports.
· Ability to perform accurate data entry to use the DER’s applicant tracking system.
· Ability to learn and effectively use the HCM system in order to produce reports and to retrieve data.
· Intermediate to advanced skill in using standard computer applications such as word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation.
· Ability to communicate clearly and effectively on the phone and in person with job applicants as well as internal and external subject matter experts.
· Written communication skills to proofread documents so that they are publication-ready; knowledge of English language grammatical and punctuation conventions.
· Interpersonal skills to be able to build effective working relationships with managers, fellow staff, and city contacts.
· Ability to work cooperatively and fairly with people whose backgrounds may differ from one’s own.
· Ability to think critically and analytically.
· Superior organizational skills, including the ability to maintain multiple filing systems.
· Ability to handle multiple priorities and to work within tight time constraints.
· Ability to exhibit exemplary professionalism and maintain composure regardless of frequent interruptions.
· Ability to work with sensitive information.
· Integrity and the ability to maintain complete confidentiality.
· Ability to perform work with a high degree of accuracy.
The starting salary (5IN) is annually, and the resident incentive starting salary for City of Milwaukee residents is annually.
will be job-related and will consist of one or more of the following: an evaluation of related education, experience, and accomplishments, a written test, an interview, or other assessment methods. The Department of Employee Relations reserves the right to call only the most qualified candidates to oral exams, performance tests, or personal interviews. Information from the selection process will be used to make a hiring decision. Selected candidates will be transferred and/or promoted to the position.
– The selection process will be held as soon as practical after May 20, 2022 Receipt of applications may be discontinued at any time after this date without prior notice. However, recruitment may continue until the needs of the City have been met. The applicant is responsible for attending all phases of the selection process at the time and place designated by the hiring authority.
APPLICATIONS and further information may be accessed by visiting www.jobapscloud.com/MIL.
- Applications and transcripts should be submitted no later than the deadline listed above.
- If you would like assistance completing an application, please contact the Department of Employee Relations at (414) 286-3751 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Department of Employee Relations is in City Hall, 200 E Wells St, Room 706, Milwaukee, WI 53202.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|