EMERGENCY COMMUNICATIONS FINANCIAL SERVICES ASSISTANT
|Requesting Department||DEPARTMENT OF EMERGENCY COMMUNICATIONS|
|Open Date||5/4/2022 3:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||5/16/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|HR Analyst||Aisha Hendree|
- Administer departmental accounts; process requisitions, purchase orders, invoice payments, IRIs to and from the department, and petty cash; maintain accounts payable records.
- Compute, classify, and record numerical data to obtain primary financial data for use in maintaining complete accounting records.
- Verify figures, calculations, and postings pertaining to business transactions recorded by other staff.
- Assist, support, and provide updates to the Finance Manager.
- Oversee office resources by ordering supplies and maintaining inventory.
- Prepare the Procurement Credit Card (Procard) documentation and process payments.
- Facilitate Procard purchases.
- Prepare requests for contracts, bids, and Request for Proposals; monitor contract expiration dates and prepare amendment requests.
- Provide back-up support to the Emergency Communications (DEC) Human Resources Assistant, including payroll duties.
Conditions of Employment
1. Associate degree in accounting, finance, business management, or a related field from an accredited college or university.
2. Two years of experience performing accounting support and/or financial duties related to this position.
· Experience using the City of Milwaukee’s Oracle’s PeopleSoft financial management information system (FMIS).
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Other Characteristics
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices, accounts payable processes, and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
- Knowledge of mathematics so as to accurately analyze financial information and perform financial calculations.
- Ability to provide support to departmental leaders relative to financial functions, including accounting, purchasing, and inventory.
- Ability to learn and effectively use the City of Milwaukee’s financial management information system (currently Oracle’s PeopleSoft) to perform a variety of financial transactions.
- Proficiency using standard applications such as Microsoft Office to create documents, create and maintain spreadsheets, create charts, and generate reports.
- Ability to manage a high level of detail in order to ensure accuracy in the maintenance of files, spreadsheets, and FMIS.
- Ability to read and understand procedures, policies, and other job-related documents.
- Knowledge of administrative support methods, systems, and terminology.
- Ability to efficiently use office equipment, such as telephones, computers, and copiers.
- Customer service skills so as to provide courteous service to internal and external customers.
- Effective verbal communication skills to be able to clearly convey information to managers and fellow staff.
- Written communication skills, including the ability to compose clear correspondence, complete forms, and produce other documents.
- Interpersonal skills to be able to build effective working relationships with colleagues.
- Teamwork skills and the ability to collaborate with all DEC administrative support staff to accomplish work.
- Ability to work effectively, cooperatively, and fairly with people whose backgrounds may differ from one’s own.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to approach problem-solving.
- Ability to organize workflow to meet the goals of the position.
- Ability to complete assignments despite frequent interruptions and shifting priorities.
- Honesty and integrity.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and safeguard City resources.
The City of Milwaukee provides a comprehensive benefit program that includes the following:
· Defined Benefit Pension Plan
· 457 Deferred Compensation Plan
· Health and Dental Insurance
· Paid Parental Leave
· Comprehensive Wellness Program
· Onsite Clinic Services
· Onsite Employee Assistance Program
· Alternative Work Schedules
· Long Term Disability Insurance
· Group Life Insurance
· Tuition Benefits
· Paid Vacation
· 11 Paid Holidays
· Paid Sick Leave and other paid leaves
· Flexible Spending Arrangement
· Commuter Value Pass
For full details of the benefits offered by the City of Milwaukee, please visit http://city.milwaukee.gov/Benefits.
- APPLICATIONS and further information may be accessed by visiting www.jobapscloud.com/MIL.
- If you would like assistance completing an application, please contact the Department of Employee Relations at (414) 286-3751 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Department of Employee Relations is in City Hall, 200 E Wells St, Room 706, Milwaukee, WI 53202.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|