HUMAN RESOURCES REPRESENTATIVE AND
HUMAN RESOURCES ANALYST-SENIOR AND HUMAN RESOURCES ANALYST
|Specialty||HRA-Sr #2205-4466-003 | HR Analyst #2205-4195-003|
|Requesting Department||DEPT OF EMPLOYEE RELATIONS|
|Open Date||5/17/2022 08:30:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||6/3/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|HR Analyst||Aisha Hendree|
Under the direction of the Staffing Services Manager, the HR Representative/HR Analyst-Senior/HR Analyst provides recruitment and staffing services to fill positions at all levels in City of Milwaukee Departments.
· Develop and execute recruitment plans and strategies.
· Determine appropriate job analysis methods and conduct job analyses to determine critical tasks and the knowledge, skills, abilities, and other characteristics necessary for successful job performance.
· Review and prepare job announcement bulletins based upon job analysis.
· Determine the eligibility of applicants based upon the minimum job requirements.
· Based upon job analysis and consistent with professional standards and legal guidelines, plan and develop valid and reliable selection components, including written and performance examinations, structured interviews, review of experience and education, supplemental questions, and other assessment exercises.
· Identify and secure subject matter experts to serve as raters.
· Consult with operating departments and subject matter experts to review the job-relatedness of test and assessment content.
· Determine the timeline for each selection process component and schedule test administrations.
· Administer performance examinations and other assessment exercises.
· Review selection process results and test statistics for accuracy and validity.
· Review adverse impact reports; recommend passing and call-in points.
· Maintain effective and timely communication with candidates and the hiring authority throughout the selection process.
· Represent the DER-Staffing Division before bodies such as the City Service Commission.
· Make recommendations for modifying and improving examination and selection processes based upon job analysis results, interviews with subject matter experts, historical data, and independent research.
· Maintain the confidentiality of examination and candidate information.
· Develop new and/or improved human resources products and processes and conduct research related to the development of improved services and delivery.
Conditions of Employment
· Occasional evening and weekend work may be required for recruitment and selection process administration.
: Bachelor’s degree in human resources management, industrial relations, psychology, business administration, public administration, or a related field from an accredited college or university.
2. In addition to the above, the requirements for and include:
· Three years of progressively responsible human resources experience, including creating, validating and administering selection processes; recruiting, screening and interviewing candidates; interpreting and applying employment laws and regulations; and writing reports.
· : Two years of progressively responsible human resources experience, as described above.
· Master’s degree in industrial and organizational psychology, psychology, human resources management, business administration, public administration, or a closely related field from an accredited college or university.
· Experience in municipal government.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Other Characteristics
· General knowledge of the principles and practices of human resources administration.
· Ability to learn and apply job analysis methods and to perform related research.
· Ability to learn and apply knowledge of professional testing standards and federal regulations related to personnel selection standards.
· Ability to learn and apply measurement theory and practice.
· Ability to learn and apply validation methods.
· Ability to develop valid and reliable selection processes.
· Ability to conduct and interpret job analysis studies.
· Ability to understand, analyze and interpret data derived from employment tests.
· Ability to develop and execute recruitment plans and strategies.
· Ability to apply statistics to practical solutions.
· Ability to learn and effectively utilize the applicant tracking and employee data systems such as Oracle’s PeopleSoft Human Capital Management (HCM) system to produce reports and to retrieve data.
· Proficient using standard computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
· Ability to read, understand, interpret, and apply job-related material such as laws, civil service rules, and policies.
· Ability to effectively handle sensitive inquires and complaints.
· Appreciation for and commitment to diversity in hiring; exemplary cultural sensitivity.
· Ability to work cooperatively, effectively, and fairly with coworkers and residents whose backgrounds may differ from one’s own.
· Written communication skills to be able to write reports and other documents that are thorough, clear, well-crafted, and error-free.
· Verbal communication skills to be able to appear before committees to present reports; ability to be persuasive.
· Ability to express oneself clearly in conversations and interactions with others.
· Ability to demonstrate concern for satisfying external and/or internal customers.
· Ability to promote teamwork and desire to work cooperatively with others on a team.
· Ability to gain others’ support for ideas, proposals, projects, and solutions.
· Skill in identifying information needed to clarify a situation, seeking the information from appropriate sources, and using skillful questioning to draw out the information from others.
· Ability to set challenging goals, focus effort on the goals, and meet or exceed them.
· Ability to approach a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach.
· Ability to use sound judgment when making decisions.
· Ability to organize assignments and manage time to complete tasks based on departmental deadlines.
· Ability to protect the confidentiality of human resources information.
· Ability to remain professional at all times.
· Ability to exercise tact and diplomacy.
· Honesty and integrity.
· The current salary range (2HX) is $72,383-$78,342 annually, and the resident incentive salary range for City of Milwaukee residents is $74,554-$80,692.
· The current salary range (2FX) is $63,729-$68,968 annually and the resident incentive salary range for City of Milwaukee residents is $65,641-$71,037.
· The current salary range (2DN) is $57,691-$60,688 annually and the resident incentive salary range for City of Milwaukee residents is $59,422-$62,508.
The City of Milwaukee provides a comprehensive benefit program that includes the following:
· Defined Benefit Pension Plan
· 457 Deferred Compensation Plan
· Health and Dental Insurance
· Paid Parental Leave
· Comprehensive Wellness Program
· Onsite Clinic Services
· Onsite Employee Assistance Program
· Alternative Work Schedules
· Long Term Disability Insurance
· Group Life Insurance
· Tuition Benefits
· Paid Vacation
· 11 Paid Holidays
· Paid Sick Leave and other paid leaves
· Flexible Spending Arrangement
· Commuter Value Pass
For full details of the benefits offered by the City of Milwaukee, please visit https://city.milwaukee.gov/der/benefits.
THE SELECTION PROCESS will be job related and will consist of one or more of the following: education and experience evaluation; written, oral, or performance tests, or other assessment methods. The Department of Employee Relations reserves the right to call only the most qualified candidates to oral and performance examinations. Oral examinations may include written exercises. Selection process component weights will be determined by further analysis of the job.
INITIAL FILING DATE – The examination will be held as soon as practical after . Receipt of applications may be discontinued at any time after this date without prior notice. However, recruitment may continue until the needs of the City have been met. Qualified applicants will be notified of the date, time, and place of the examination. Unless otherwise required by law, the City of Milwaukee will not provide alternative test administration. The applicant is responsible for attending all phases of the job selection process at the time and place designated by the City of Milwaukee.
· APPLICATIONS and further information may be accessed by visiting www.jobapscloud.com/MIL.
· If you would like assistance completing an application, please contact the Department of Employee Relations at (414) 286-3751 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
· The Department of Employee Relations is located at City Hall, 200 E. Wells St., Room 706, Milwaukee, WI 53202.