EMERGENCY COMMUNICATIONS HUMAN RESOURCES ASSISTANT
|Requesting Department||DEPARTMENT OF EMERGENCY COMMUNICATIONS|
|Open Date||5/4/2022 2:40:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||5/16/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|HR Analyst||Aisha Hendree|
Located on the western shore of Lake Michigan, Milwaukee is an urban hub bursting with energy. Milwaukee provides a casual sophistication – big city appeal without the big-city hassles. We are accessible and affordable, and our residents are welcoming. Milwaukee has evolved through the years, bringing together its unsurpassed old-world charm with a breathtaking Art Museum, top-flight arts and cultural attractions, professional sports, lakefront festivals, recreational opportunities and great restaurants.
- Edit, audit, and reconcile online time entry on a biweekly basis for DEC employees in accordance with applicable rules and policies. Complete online time adjustments for payroll errors, corrections, and separation payouts. Provide support to employees regarding time entry processing.
- Maintain employee information in HRMS and in personnel files, such as appointments, new employee data, sick leave, jury duty, promotions, transfers, discipline, retirements, and separations.
- Maintain oversight of members on military leave, including carrying out related notifications and payroll processing.
- Complete employment and wage verifications for loan and mortgage companies, attorneys, governmental agencies, and non-profit organizations; meet demand efficiently, especially during high volume periods.
- Update tax forms. Process shift changes and updates to employees’ personal information.
- Assist employees with completing group life and pension beneficiary forms when life changes occur.
- Respond to questions from employees about health, dental, and life insurance benefits.
- Administer the city’s Sick Leave Incentive Control Program (SLICP).
- Process the Tuition Benefit (Reimbursement) Program for the department.
- Provide back-up support to the Emergency Communications Financial Services Assistant.
- Support the work of the Emergency Communications Human Resources Administrator relative to selection processes, probationary reports, job descriptions, performance management, disciplinary actions, and recordkeeping, including proofreading, formatting, copying, and distributing documents.
- Compile and post reports.
- Assist with meeting planning and calendar management.
Conditions of Employment
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Other Characteristics
- Knowledge of customer service best practices.
- Knowledge of administrative support methods, systems, and terminology.
- Ability to efficiently use office equipment, such as telephones, computers, and copiers.
- Knowledge of time entry, personnel, and payroll processes.
- Ability to provide support to departmental leaders relative to human resources functions, including recruitment, selection, training, compensation, and benefits.
- Ability to read and understand job procedures, personnel policies, and ordinances.
- Knowledge of mathematics as it applies to payroll and time entry procedures.
- Ability to use the City of Milwaukee’s online time entry system to edit, audit, and reconcile online time entry for departmental employees; ability to accurately calculate separation payouts.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve time entry and payroll issues.
- Ability to effectively use the Peoplesoft HRMS system in order to execute personnel transactions.
- Proficiency in using standard computer applications such as word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation.
- Ability to compile information and data to create reports.
- Ability to interpret and explain benefits, payroll deductions, and leave policies and procedures.
- Verbal communication skills to be able to clearly share information with departmental employees.
- Customer service skills so as to provide courteous and empathetic service to internal customers.
- Written communication skills to be able to compose clear and concise correspondence and other documents.
- Skill in proofreading documents to ensure that they are publication-ready; knowledge of English language grammatical and punctuation conventions.
- Interpersonal and teamwork skills to be able to build effective working relationships with managers, fellow staff, and other contacts.
- Ability to work cooperatively and fairly with people whose backgrounds may differ from one’s own.
- Ability to recognize and resolve problems.
- Organizational skills to be able to manage workflow and workspaces.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and to work within tight time constraints.
- Attention to detail and the ability to perform work with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to exhibit exemplary professionalism and maintain composure regardless of frequent interruptions.
- Honesty, integrity, and the ability to maintain complete confidentiality.
Appointment above the minimum is possible based upon level of experience and other qualifications and is subject to approval.
The City of Milwaukee provides a comprehensive benefit program that includes the following:
· Defined Benefit Pension Plan
· 457 Deferred Compensation Plan
· Health and Dental Insurance
· Paid Parental Leave
· Comprehensive Wellness Program
· Onsite Clinic Services
· Onsite Employee Assistance Program
· Alternative Work Schedules
· Long Term Disability Insurance
· Group Life Insurance
· Tuition Benefits
· Paid Vacation
· 11 Paid Holidays
· Paid Sick Leave and other paid leaves
· Flexible Spending Arrangement
· Commuter Value Pass
For full details of the benefits offered by the City of Milwaukee, please visit http://city.milwaukee.gov/Benefits.
- APPLICATIONS and further information may be accessed by visiting www.jobapscloud.com/MIL.
- If you would like assistance completing an application, please contact the Department of Employee Relations at (414) 286-3751 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Department of Employee Relations is located in City Hall, 200 E Wells St, Room 706, Milwaukee, WI 53202.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|