Resiliency In Communities After Stress & Trauma
(ReCast) Program Coordinator
|Requesting Department||HEALTH-Community Health|
|Open Date||9/19/2022 2:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||10/3/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|HR Analyst||Aisha Hendree|
- Perform administrative tasks related to program implementation, including documentation, logistics, and program monitoring.
- Coordinate processes for project management across multiple partners using project management software. Document meeting and event notes and outcomes electronically and on flip chart paper.
- Transcribe notes and other pertinent information for planning and distribution.
- Coordinate event planning, logistics, and activities.
- Support fiscal management and contracting and report to the funding source.
- Staff information and resource tables to promote the Office of Violence Prevention (OVP) and ReCAST-related resources.
- Build on existing efforts to identify, classify, and assess behavioral health and other culturally competent, trauma‑informed resources for youth and their families.
- Develop an easy interface for other youth‑serving professionals to access information about these resources.
- Engage community and institutional partners to participate in departmental coalitions and strategy meetings.
- Develop a series of learning experiences for youth‑serving professionals that increases their capacity to appropriately refer high-risk youth and their families to resources, including referrals to culturally competent, trauma‑informed behavioral health services.
- Assist in the coordination of a professional development calendar (i.e., training programs, workshops, shadowing, coaching).
- Assist in the coordination of department‑sponsored community events.
- Represent the department at community coalition and other program‑related meetings.
- Conduct regular site visits to department‑funded organizations to monitor implementation of project requirements.
- Coordinate with all ReCAST Milwaukee project staff to support project goals, monitoring, and reporting.
- Manage OVP and ReCast Milwaukee social media and other digital communication platforms, in coordination with MHD Communications Officer.
- Produce digital updates using communication software such as Constant Contact and Spark Post.
- Manage the Office of Violence Prevention (OVP)website in coordination with the City of Milwaukee Information and Technology Management Division (ITMD).
Conditions of Employment
- The ReCAST Program Coordinator must be willing to work beyond standard business hours including evening and weekends hours to meet the departmental needs.
- This position requires traveling to various sites throughout the City of Milwaukee.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Other Characteristics
- Knowledge of clerical and administrative procedures and office management practices.
- Knowledge of marketing principles and the ability to expertly use social media to brand and market the ReCAST program and the Office of Violence Prevention.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite and project management applications.
- Ability to operate office equipment such as copier, facsimile and calculator.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent, and to create and interpret bar graphs.
- Effective written communication skills to compose error-free reports, business correspondence and procedural manuals.
- Verbal communication and presentation skills to convey information clearly and effectively.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with a multi-cultural, multi-disciplinary staff, other agencies, and the public.
- Ability to provide excellent service to internal and external customers.
- Ability to engage effectively with a diverse group of high-level community stakeholders in achieving desired outcomes.
- Ability to exhibit an exemplary level of cultural competence.
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively with coworkers and customers whose backgrounds may differ from one’s own.
- Strong public relations skills
- Ability to approach projects with energy, creativity, and resourcefulness.
- Ability to work independently with a high degree of initiative.
- Ability to exhibit sound judgment.
- Honesty, integrity, and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to plan and complete work assignments in a timely manner.
- Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize work to achieve objectives within deadlines.
- Ability to appropriately handle sensitive information and to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify problems and make sound decisions, including situations where only limited information is available.
- Ability to effectively analyze and resolve issues.
- Ability to maintain composure during stressful situations.
- APPLICATION and further information may be accessed by visiting https://www.jobapscloud.com/MIL/.
- If you would like assistance completing an application, please contact the Department of Employee Relations at (414) 286-3751 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Department of Employee Relations is located at City Hall, 200 E. Wells St., Room 706, Milwaukee, WI 53202.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|