RESEARCH AND POLICY COORDINATOR
|Requesting Department||DEPT OF EMPLOYEE RELATIONS|
|Open Date||11/2/2022 12:15:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||11/28/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|HR Analyst||Aisha Hendree|
- Develop and execute analyses on aggregate benefit claims data to measure trends in utilization and costs of various benefit programs, including health care services.
- Gather, track, and analyze data and information for various benefit programs to measure the success of program initiatives and return on investment (ROI) and to inform program/policy decisions.
- Evaluate and compare existing City benefits with those of other comparable employers and local municipalities by analyzing plan options, survey reports, and other sources of information.
- Evaluate performance of current benefit plans to identify opportunities for improvement in quality and cost.
- Summarize highly complex data into comprehensive and easy to understand reports as well as organize and develop data tracking worksheets. Communicate data analysis and findings in a manner that guides and facilitates informed and timely decisions.
- Perform multifactor data and cost analyses; organize and present data for collective bargaining strategy, labor agreements, mediation, and interest and grievance arbitration proceedings.
- Design and conduct surveys of comparable jurisdictions on a broad range of issues; maintain survey results.
- Maintain a database of comparable jurisdiction collective bargaining agreements.
- Analyze and track the City’s worker’s compensation and safety data metrics and trends in order to develop strategies to assist the City in effectively managing risks and loss control.
- Assist with the communication of safety and trend data, including compiling statistical data and preparing reports as needed on a variety of risk related topics of interest to City of Milwaukee’s administration and departments.
- Establish collaborative relationships with benefit and safety vendors and cross-unit workgroups to enhance data management and analysis approaches.
- Provide project management and operations activities, such as monitoring, designing, and implementing tools and processes to help organize and manage data.
- Identify areas for future focus and opportunities to develop impactful projects.
- Participate in area and industry benefit and wellness surveys.
Conditions of Employment
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Other Characteristics
- Knowledge of quantitative and/or qualitative research methods.
- Knowledge of the methods and techniques used in the collection of research data and data manipulation, including assembling and correlating information using mathematics and statistical techniques.
- Knowledge of statistical analysis methods to interpret and measure data trends from utilization reports and surveys and report findings.
- Ability to think critically and creatively to analyze complex issues, solve problems, and respond to a variety of requests for data and information.
- Ability to analyze and determine the applicability of financial and other data, to draw conclusions, and make appropriate recommendations.
- Ability to read and interpret complex documents such as laws, policies, and technical publications.
- Proficiency using sophisticated software applications for research, analysis, and data management.
- Skill in using the advanced features of standard computer programs such as the Microsoft Office suite.
- Verbal communication skills to be able to effectively share information with a variety of stakeholders.
- Written communication skills to be able to compose clear correspondence and comprehensive reports.
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to build effective working relationships with team members, departmental representatives, outside agencies, vendor partners, and City officials.
- Ability to lead and accomplish work projects and produce deliverables in coordination with multiple colleagues. Ability to work cooperatively and fairly with people whose backgrounds may differ from one’s own.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and public groups.
- Ability to gather information needed for an issue, seeking information from appropriate sources, and working with others to obtain necessary information.
- Decision-making skills and sound judgment.
- Organizational skills to be able to maintain information and data that is accurate, complete, accessible, and useable.
- Ability to plan and accomplish work, manage multiple assignments simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and initiate and complete projects with limited supervision.
- Attention to detail and the ability to perform work with a high degree of accuracy.
- Project management skills.
- Ability to handle confidential employee information with discretion and good judgment in compliance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards.
- Honesty, integrity, and professionalism.
The City of Milwaukee provides a comprehensive benefit program that includes the following:
· Defined Benefit Pension Plan
· 457 Deferred Compensation Plan
· Health and Dental Insurance
· Paid Parental Leave
· Comprehensive Wellness Program
· Onsite Clinic Services
· Onsite Employee Assistance Program
· Alternative Work Schedules
· Long Term Disability Insurance
· Group Life Insurance
· Tuition Benefits
· Paid Vacation
· 12 Paid Holidays
· Paid Sick Leave and other paid leaves
· Flexible Spending Arrangement
· Commuter Value Pass
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|