ERS PENSION INVESTMENT ANALYST I/II/III
|Requesting Department||EMPLOYES' RETIREMENT SYSTEM|
|Open Date||10/20/2023 3:30:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||12/1/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|HR Analyst||Dominique Madison|
- For each investment manager, conduct due diligence and monitor and examine their performance, holdings, risk level, and guideline compliance.
- Review and evaluate performance, develop appropriate recommendations, and prepare reports.
- Travel approximately 10% of the time for the purpose of conducting investment manager due diligence and attending institutional investment-specific training and conferences.
- Analyze the investment portfolio, portfolio strategy, and potential changes to the strategy.
- Analyze individual investment managers and/or asset classes such as equity, fixed income, real estate, and hedge funds.
- Advise the Deputy Chief Investment Officer and Chief Investment Officer, and assist in answering inquiries and requests of the ERS Board, Investment Committee, or other appropriate organizations.
- Ensure that the ERS management and the ERS Annuity and Pension Board are provided with the necessary information and analysis for their investment related decision-making.
- Prepare reports for management, the ERS Annuity and Pension Board, and its Committees regarding investment matters, investment research results, and special projects.
- Execute and manage special projects related to the investment portfolio.
- Prepare quantitative analysis with respect to investment-related issues.
- Provide financial analytical support for the payment of fees and the financial accounting and budgeting of investments.
- Work with Custodian to monitor cash balances, coordinate rebalancing transactions, and reconcile investment manager quarterly statements.
Please do not include your academic transcripts with your employment application. The hiring department will verify candidates’ education as part of the background screening process prior to extending any job offers.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Other Characteristics
- Knowledge of portfolio management theory and financial controls.
- Knowledge of investment vehicles and investment processes.
- Knowledge of investment accounting and investment systems at a basic level.
- Ability to read and interpret statistical and actuarial reports.
- Knowledge of investment-related analytical and performance monitoring systems.
- Knowledge of mathematical principles and the ability to make accurate calculations.
- Skill in managing large and complex quantities of data and information.
- Proficiency using spreadsheets
- Ability to work independently, accurately, and within time constraints.
- Ability to solve and manage problems independently.
- Ability to think critically and analytically to problem-solve, make decisions, and use sound judgment.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and tight time constraints to produce high quality product.
- Ability to
- Ability to effectively communicate complex investment concepts, both verbally and in writing.
- Verbal communication skills to positively represent the department to individuals and groups both large and small.
- Ability to prepare executive summaries and other written communications for senior management and Board of Trustees.
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively with people whose backgrounds may differ from
- Integrity and the ability to maintain complete confidentiality.
- Ability to exhibit exemplary professionalism.
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan
- 457 Deferred Compensation Plan
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Comprehensive Wellness Program
- Onsite Clinic Services
- Onsite Employee Assistance Program
- Alternative Work Schedules
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Group Life Insurance
- Tuition Benefits
- Paid Vacation
- 12 Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Leave and other paid leaves
- Flexible Spending Arrangement
- Commuter Value Pass
will be job related and will consist of one or more of the following: an evaluation of education, experience and/or responses to supplemental questions; a written or performance test, a structured interview or other assessment methods. The Department of Employee Relations reserves the right to call only the most qualified candidates to structured interviews and performance examinations. Structured interviews may include written exercises. Selection process component weights will be determined by further analysis of the job.
- APPLICATIONS and further information can be accessed by visiting www.jobapscloud.com/MIL.
- If you would like assistance completing an application, please contact the Department of Employee Relations at (414) 286-3751 or .
- The Department of Employee Relations is in City Hall, 200 E Wells St, Room 706, Milwaukee, WI 53202.