|Department||State Department of Health|
|Date Opened||7/16/2019 08:00:00 AM|
|Salary||Up to $50,667.00 based on education and experience.|
|Full or Part Time||
The Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) is committed to providing quality health services to Oklahoma citizens. Our mission is to protect and promote health, to prevent disease and injury, and to cultivate conditions by which Oklahomans can be healthy.
OSDH is seeking a full time Cancer Registry Consultant providing support to Center for Health Statistics. This is an unclassified position (PIN 34000925) in state government, located in Oklahoma City. OSDH offers a comprehensive Benefits Package, including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. For more information about the benefit allowance [click here]. The annual salary for this position is up to $50,667.00 based on education and experience. Position Description: Duties include, but are not limited to: Education and Experience This position has preferred qualifications: Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Physical Demands and Work Environment
This position supports the Oklahoma Central Cancer Registry (OCCR) by collecting and maintaining cancer data (complete, timely and high quality) from various Oklahoma health facilities. Data are collected in accordance with Oklahoma Law and according to the standards set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention-National Program for Cancer Registries and the North American Association of Central Cancer Registries.
• Establish and maintain a professional relationship with staff at hospitals such as: cancer data reporters, healthcare professionals, management, etc. in order to collect and maintain tumor-specific and demographic information related to cancer cases among Oklahoma residents
• Assist OCCR functions to consolidate reported cancer cases, review duplicate cases, case finding, abstracting cancer information from hospital records, cleaning data through edits and completing follow up for cases reported through death certificates
• Track assigned reporting facilities on completeness, timeliness and quality of data submissions, and ensuring quality of data received
• Assist in training cancer data reporters on case finding, abstracting, and reporting, as well as informing them on any changes to reporting standards
• Assist in training cancer data reporters on uploading the cancer data as well as troubleshooting issues with uploading
• Assist with the development of materials for the OCCR policy and procedures manual and grant required reports
• Assist with the preparation of grant required reports such as Interim Progress Report and End of Year Report
• Provide support to a federally and state legislatively mandated surveillance system
• Other duties as assigned
High school diploma and 2+ (two plus) years of experience in cancer abstraction within healthcare/ registry setting; OR an associate’s degree from a Health Information Management (HIM) program, certification as a Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) or Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA).
Five (5) years of experience in cancer abstraction within healthcare/ registry setting OR Certified Tumor Registrar (CTR).
Knowledge of cancer registry is preferred; strong communication skills both oral and written; and the ability to be detail oriented.
Work is typically performed in an office setting with a climate controlled settings and exposure to moderate noise level. While performing the duties of the job, employee is required to talk, stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. This position requires long period of sitting and daily use of computer and phone. Applicants must be willing to perform all job-related travel associated with this position.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
Education and Experience
This position has preferred qualifications:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Physical Demands and Work Environment
REQUIREMENTS: No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
If education, certification or licensure is required to meet qualifications, applicants must provide documentation at the time of interview.
All applicants are subject to a background check and must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT WORKING AT THE OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CLICK HERE
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran's Preference Points Apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|